ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company dissolved - ILR Approved

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rohgoy87
Newly Registered

Company dissolved - ILR Approved

Post by rohgoy87 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:23 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, and thought I would share my ILR experience with everyone.

Came to UK: Sept 2008 (Student for MSc program)
PSW: Dec 2009
Original Tier 1: May 2011
Extension: May 2013
ILR PEO: 8th April 2016 - Additional documents requested (HMRC employment history for 7 years (NOT 5!!) including for the year ending 5th April 2016 (only 3 days passed after year ending). I told case worker that HMRC records are not updated so early, but she insisted.
Documents provided: Provided 1st years Tax refund document (FY 2009-10) - lucky to have that, next 5 years employment history and current years p60. Forwarded these documents on the same day, received Home Office on 11th-12th April.
Home office called me on 27th April 2016 to confirm everything's fine and that my ILR has been approved.
Documents collected: 28th April 2016.

I was full time employed during this time, however, somewhere in 2010 I had opened a company for business. I completely forgot abt this company after registering (possibly drunk mistake). I forgot to dissolve, forgot to file zero return and all the other things required. I only realised abt this company once my caseworker asked me for income proof documents. Please note that I didn't claim any points from this company. My full-time employment was the only source of my earnings.

Also, one of my previous employers had gone bankrupt, tho I was lucky he had paid all my PAYE taxes.
It's only 2-3 weeks ago i started reading threads on this forum, so thought I would put up my story if it can be of help to someone.

It was a bit stressful time, but I have learned how to be patient during stressful times.

I hope everyone who's genuine gets their visas. Good Luck.

aaatech
- thin ice -

Re: Company dissolved - ILR Approved

Post by aaatech » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Congratulations!!! and thanks for sharing your experience.

do you think it's good idea to attach HMRC employment history letter with tax details while applying by post? I'm going to provide P60 for last 5 years as well. HMRC record shows 2k less tax than I paid (compare to P60), I requested for correction on HMRC record.

regarding company you mentioned, have you had any questions from case worker? have you submitted any documents for the same? I'm on full time employment and the only source of income. I had ownership of company long back(had been transferred) and never claimed any points/benefit for that company.

thanks.