ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR - how many years history?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blondiey2k
Newly Registered

Application for PR - how many years history?

Post by blondiey2k » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:26 pm

I am a French national and have been living in the UK for 18 years. I recently decided to apply for naturalisation, but have discovered that I need to apply for a permanent residence card first. On the application form for a permanent residence card, it asks for the date I first entered the UK, and for all absences from the UK and employment history from that date. It is going to be very difficult for me to remember this information over an 18 year period. Is it correct that I need to do this for the full 18 years, or does the information only need to be supplied for the 5 years residence required?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

noajthan

Re: Application for PR - how many years history?

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:42 pm

blondiey2k wrote:I am a French national and have been living in the UK for 18 years. I recently decided to apply for naturalisation, but have discovered that I need to apply for a permanent residence card first. On the application form for a permanent residence card, it asks for the date I first entered the UK, and for all absences from the UK and employment history from that date. It is going to be very difficult for me to remember this information over an 18 year period. Is it correct that I need to do this for the full 18 years, or does the information only need to be supplied for the 5 years residence required?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.
:idea: Suggest check your original passport from 19-forgotten; you may have been stamped into UK with ILR from that time.
If so you could be settled already.

If not, what have you been doing in UK?
How have you exercised treaty rights as a qualified person? (simply residing here is not enough)
When do you think you may have acquired PR?
&
Have you had any prolonged absences from UK?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.