ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Dependent EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pdeshpande

Got Dependent EC

Post by pdeshpande » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:44 am

Dear All,

I got Dependent EC for my wife yesterday! I am still in India. I had applied on 19th Dec and got the EC stamped from 21st Dec onwards till my EC validity. If anyone needs help, do ping me.

Regards,

pdeshpande

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:50 am

Hi pdeshpande,

Congrats on the dependant visa.

Things happen fast in your case:).

Regards

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:12 am

hey hsmppune,

thanks a lot! I guess it is a luck factor too ;)

Regards,

pdeshpande

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:41 pm

Congrats pdeshpande
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:38 am

Congrats pdeshpande !!

I was planning to appy for EC in Jan. Do I apply for my wife's dependant visa along with my EC application or should I apply alone, wait for a job offer and then apply for my wife's visa?

The reason I had this doubt is because in the new VAF2 form, under the dependants section, they have asked to fill up the UK company details of the sponsor (me), where I would be working.

Also for proof of funds, can I show the liquid funds in my wife's name as well along with mine. If so, do I furnish her bank statements along with my application itself or with hers?

Thanks in advance !!
M

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:20 pm

Dear fly2uk,

You can apply for your wife anytime. In my case, I applied first, and then after few days (while still in India) I applied for my wife's visa. The reason behind, if just in case, my EC was refused, I should not waste Rs.34,000, instead I would have lost just Rs.17,000. I applied for my EC on 12th Nov and got it stamped on 4th Dec. I applied for my wife EC on 19th Dec and got it stamped on 21st Dec

In the VAF2 form I had left the dependants section blank as I am still in India and do not have a job offer.

If you are applying for EC together, you can show both, urs as well as ur wife's account. But if you are applying alone but if you have joint account with your wife, you can still show the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

pdeshpande