ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child tax credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohramzan

child tax credit

Post by mohramzan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi
I am on ILR, already applied for child benefit, and about to apply for child tax credits, as it should be on joint names, i didn't mention it in the application form Set(O) form when i applied for her ILR as she completed 5 years as T1G Dependent of mine. Her bio metric has already been enrolled. Should i wait until i get her application outcome or go ahead n apply for child tax credits. Even i have calculated and i will get very little but i thought its still worth to apply. Every little help.

regards

mike799
Newly Registered

Re: child tax credit

Post by mike799 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:28 pm

you can claim child benefit in your own name and also can claim working and child tax credit jointly it won't effect your spouse application.

mohramzan

Re: child tax credit

Post by mohramzan » Sun May 01, 2016 5:54 am

Thanks Mike I know I can apply on joint names, but my wife application is under consideration right now and on set o form I didn't select or tick any of the box for social benefits box. So I am confused now if I apply for child tax credits before application decision it might be considered deception/cheating as we held back some information.