ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change from PBS dependant to Tier 2 main migrant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FOCUS

Change from PBS dependant to Tier 2 main migrant

Post by FOCUS » Sun May 01, 2016 11:59 am

Hello Every one,

Iam as Tier1 Entrepreneur Dependent which is valid till starting of 2017 and one of the company is happy to offer me a job me in the field I work ,but due to my visa period of less than an year they asked me if I wanted to change my visa and get a long term one then they can give me the job offer. They are happy to sponsor me if they dont find any EEA candidate by performing RLMT. So I wanted to switch as Tier2 Main applicant which should be done out of country.
So any one who is in the same category or already managed to switch from tier1 Entrepreneur Dependent to Tier2 Main applicant out of country, please provide the details.
How was the process ? Is it straight forward or did you face any queries during the visa processing time like u already have dependent visa and why are you switching ? Do we have priority Service while dropping the visa and how long does it take to ?
Any successful applications and any applicants who are about to go in the same category kindly please do share your experiences and suggestions that needs to be taken care while going in this route.

Thank you in advance and waiting in anticipation

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Change from PBS dependant to Tier 2 main migrant

Post by iworker » Tue May 03, 2016 8:42 am

you should read tier 2 guidance. These visas are point based visas, which means if u secure point for each thing required, you get the visa,. it is not on discretion of the visa officer. things u need to be watchful for are rlmt, soc code, cos, appropriate salary, maintenance fund, english language, application form.

FOCUS

Re: Change from PBS dependant to Tier 2 main migrant

Post by FOCUS » Tue May 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Thank you iworker, yes I have gone through the policy guidance thoroughly, but just wanted to reconfirm and see if any one in this board has got successful after applying in this route.So that would give me more confidence and can clarify in any doubts that I may face while going through pocessing