ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

College closed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceman010899

College closed

Post by iceman010899 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:02 pm

Hello

My college has closed and I am going to register in a new college from January. I attended the old college from August till December. I might not be able to provide attendance records.

Will this be a problem when informing the BIA of the college change ?

The old college has been taken off the DFES register.

Thanks.

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:58 pm

Please can someone comment on this ? Thanks.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:23 pm

Are you going to send a letter or fax to the student task force? You can explain in your letter/fax that you will send your records as soon as you can get them.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:31 pm

I don't think it's an offence to change courses/colleges without informing the BIA. However, obviously you'll have to do that if/when you seek an extension.
I would have thought it depends a little on how long to go before you have to apply again, and what attendance record you can show before and after the period in question - if, for example in a period of 2 years here pursuing studies you had just the one term at this place it would be unreasonable to penalise you because through no fault of your own you couldn't produce an attendance record at a place they had decided was crap anyway.
If you can muster anything at all - study notes, photos of class colleagues or teachers, anything that shows you were attending in good faith, it might serve your purpose. But if you enrolled knowing that the place wasn't dfes registered, your case is a lot weaker.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:35 pm

Mr Rusty, it doesn't cost anything to send a letter or fax to the student task force in Croydon. I don't see the problem with being expedient in these matters (provided that the OP has already registered by the time he notifies them).

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:47 pm

paulp wrote:Mr Rusty, it doesn't cost anything to send a letter or fax to the student task force in Croydon. I don't see the problem with being expedient in these matters (provided that the OP has already registered by the time he notifies them).
I don't disagree with you, nor was I seeking to. I hadn't seen your post before I sent mine.

vinny

College closed

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:40 am

See also AIT's [url=http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Upload/j20 ... ritius.doc]ML (student; “satisfactory progressâ€
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:02 pm

thanks Vinny

This case does not apply to me as im staying in the same course. Just changing the collge. Thanks.