ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant in Uk more than 12 months BUT applying abroad

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Dependant in Uk more than 12 months BUT applying abroad

Post by saeedusman » Mon May 02, 2016 12:48 pm

Dear all,

My dependents are in the UK with me for almost 6 years and we always apply with reduced dependents 90 maintenance funds as been living in the UK for more than 12 months.

Now I have to apply for Extension of Entrepreneur Visa along with them. If they all apply from here in the UK along with me, then off course they qualify for reduced maintenance of 90 days personal bank statement which I already have in place here.

But I want to know, if they go back home to Pakistan NOW and apply alone here for extension without dependants and let them wait for my application's outcome. So once I am granted, they can apply from Pakistan and re-join me.

Now what maintenance funds they will require for 90 days statement?
Will it be same reduced maintenance?
Will I be able to use my existing bank statement which is now maintained for all of us?

I will be applying for my visa this month and if my application is successful, which I am hopeful it will be, then they might have to wait about couple of months for their application in back home.

Also, the reason what I am thinking not to include them from here will be the higher fee which is about £7k and then the risk of refusal because of even small mistake or error and risk of losing all the fee of dependants of as well.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant in Uk more than 12 months BUT applying abroad

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 02, 2016 12:59 pm

1. Extension (leave to remain) can only be applied for from within the UK. Entry clearance (leave to enter) from outside the UK is not an "extension".
2. If they apply for entry clearance after the current PBS dependant leave has expired, their ILR clock will be reset.

See also PBS dependant policy guidance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Re: Dependant in Uk more than 12 months BUT applying abroad

Post by saeedusman » Thu May 05, 2016 12:55 am

geriatrix wrote:1. Extension (leave to remain) can only be applied for from within the UK. Entry clearance (leave to enter) from outside the UK is not an "extension".
2. If they apply for entry clearance after the current PBS dependant leave has expired, their ILR clock will be reset.

See also PBS dependant policy guidance.
Thanks geriatrix

Appreciated.