ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa Extension (Fee issue)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Damnjammy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa Extension (Fee issue)

Post by Damnjammy » Tue May 03, 2016 10:51 am

Hi,
I have applied for an extension of tier 2 general visa about two weeks ago, initially i paid the the visa fee(£664) and the health surcharge, i have since then received a letter from home office regarding underpayment of visa fee as my certificate of sponsorship was valid for more than 3 years. I have checked my certificate of sponsorship and it says it is valid for 3 years 17 days, I do not understand how this works out as the tier 2 guidelines say that the max time period a person can stay in the country on tier 2 is 6 years. As i have already completed my 3 years in the country, i think i should have received a COS valid for max 3yrs.
I have since made the payment for the additional amount, I need advice about contacting the home office (do i need to) with regards to the additional fees i had to pay for 17 extra days.

justdopposite

Re: Tier 2 Visa Extension (Fee issue)

Post by justdopposite » Tue May 03, 2016 11:18 am

Did your HR add a sponsor note on your COS ??

What is the work start and end dates on your COS ?

Damnjammy
Newly Registered

Post by Damnjammy » Tue May 03, 2016 11:40 am

What is a sponsor note?
Start Date: 21/04/2016
End Date: 08/05/2019

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue May 03, 2016 12:07 pm

What is a sponsor note?
As it is not possible to edit a live CoS, if any of the previously submitted information is incorrect, your HR can add a sponsor note on the COS to provide the correct details.

I'm kind of in a similar situation, thanks to your post just spotted that my extension COS is 3yrs + 1 day - I really hope I don't get asked to pay for 5yrs !

How much additional fee did you pay please ?

Damnjammy
Newly Registered

Post by Damnjammy » Tue May 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Good Luck with the visa thing.
Wondering if i need to contact the home office. I already did contact them on the number provided on the letter when i received the letter for underpayment, all they said was that i need to write to my case worker whose details were provided in the letter (it would have made things easier if her email/ phone number was provided). I am still thinking of speaking to someone at the home office about this?

Damnjammy
Newly Registered

Post by Damnjammy » Tue May 03, 2016 12:28 pm

How much additional fee did you pay please ?[/quote]
£664 (intially paid £664 then had to pay another £664).

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue May 03, 2016 12:59 pm

I wonder if you'll get another letter from HO, saying that you have only paid IHS fee for 3yrs and not for the additional 17days , since they can come up with anything !

paying an additional £664 fee is just ridiculous, especially when they're not going to issue the visa beyond the total 6yrs anyway.

Damnjammy
Newly Registered

Post by Damnjammy » Tue May 03, 2016 1:21 pm

[quote="justdopposite"]I wonder if you'll get another letter from HO, saying that you have only paid IHS fee for 3yrs and not for the additional 17days , since they can come up with anything !

What's shocking is the additional 664 is for just 17 days!!!

raghu217
Newly Registered

Post by raghu217 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:02 am

I am in the same situation. Could you please tell me if it caused any delay in your application?

I applied for visa on 2nd Nov. HO wrote me a letter on 10th Nov asking for additional fee which I received on 18th Nov. I sent information for additional fee on the same day. Now it is more than 10 days since then. No money has been deducted yet. Now I am concerned whether it would cause any delay.

If anyone had similar experience, please advice.

Thanks in advance.

caang
Newly Registered

Post by caang » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:17 am

Hello damnjammy, justdopposite and raghu217

damnjammy and justdopposite, have your visas been eventually released?

raghu217, what is the status of your extension application? Have you got your visa by now? And when did you get the underpayment letter? Was it before or after you received your biometric enrolment invitation letter?

Many thanks.

raghu217
Newly Registered

Post by raghu217 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Hello caang,

I received the post after biometric enrolment invitation letter.

I have not received my visa yet.

applied for visa on 2nd Nov.

HO wrote me a letter on 10th Nov asking for additional fee which I received on 18th Nov.

Kind Regards,
Raghu

caang
Newly Registered

Post by caang » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi Raghu, hope you're well and thank you for getting back to me on my questions. I've now got my BRP. I hope you have yours back now as well.