ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC DATABASE - PRESTON UNIVERSITY (PAKISTAN)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tahira
Newly Registered

NARIC DATABASE - PRESTON UNIVERSITY (PAKISTAN)

Post by Tahira » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:22 am

Could anybody from Pakistan or abroad tell me whether Preston University, Kohat - Pakistan is on the list of NARIC Database. Please know that this University is recognized by the Higher Education Commission of the Government of Pakistan. I shall appreciate an early response.

divisionbell

Re: NARIC DATABASE - PRESTON UNIVERSITY (PAKISTAN)

Post by divisionbell » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:53 am

Tahira wrote:Could anybody from Pakistan or abroad tell me whether Preston University, Kohat - Pakistan is on the list of NARIC Database. Please know that this University is recognized by the Higher Education Commission of the Government of Pakistan. I shall appreciate an early response.
Dear Tahira,

You need to go on NARIC website and get their email address to ask them if your university is recognized by them or not. There are a number of universities in Pakistan which are recognized by HEC but their degrees are not considered equivalent to 16 yrs of UK Education.

Regards,

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:58 am

Hey Tahira,
well if u have dont ur Bachelor's in any discipline frm there which is of 3 yrs..then it wont b equivalent to UK bachelor's and u wont qualify for HSMP but if u have done urs Master's frm there, then u shud safe enough to get 30 pts for Bachelor's frm HO...
then ur total no of education will be 16 yrs..
10 - Matric
2- Inter
3- Bachelor's
1- Master's
one of ma frnd have done his Master's in computer science frm Preston and NARIC verified as UK Bachelor's degree..
Tha mate
Asim

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:00 am

Yes, Kohat campus degree is recognnised. A practical expereince.

zmanzoor
Newly Registered

Post by zmanzoor » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:32 pm

Hey Tahira
I have a MBA degree from Preston Kohat and I just got my letter from NARIC...it has been rated equivalent to British bachelors

hope this helps...

Tahira
Newly Registered

Post by Tahira » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:15 am

sohail akhter wrote:Yes, Kohat campus degree is recognnised. A practical expereince.
Thanks so much for your help. I have done 2 years Regular MBA(HRM) from Preston Kohat. My Bachelor degree is of two years duration from the University of Peshawar. Do you think my 2 years MBA (HRM) is equivalent to British Bachelor. From Asim Khan's note above I get an understanding that if someone has not done a Bachelor degree of three years duration then his MBA level education is not going to be recognized by NARIC. Is this true?

jnasir
Newly Registered

Post by jnasir » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:34 am

No, it depands of total years of education in same subject.

16 years = Bacholer
18 years = Master

After 2-yrs BBA, 2-yrs MBA is equal to UK Bacholer

Also

After 3-yrs BBA, 1-yrs MBA is equal to UK Bacheloer

NOTE: After 4-yrs BBA, 2 yrs MBA is equal to UK Master

thx

redgs,

jml