ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirment and timeline for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dkmca80

English Requirment and timeline for Naturalisation

Post by dkmca80 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:57 am

English Requirment and timeline for Naturalisation. Hi Guys, I have completed 1 yrs after I got my ILR in last April2015.
I and my wife got the ILR( She came in July 2012 asTier 1 dependent and got the ILR with me last April 2015.
Son was born in Jule 2013 and currently on Tier 1 dependent Valid til Nov 2016.

I need to know the timeline for Naturalisation ( how much time it took to get the approval certificate) and whats the new English Requirement for Nationality? I am a Indian national and alreay proved my English Requirment during Tier 1 extn and ILR. Now PBS calculator is removed to need to know the process pls.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English Requirment and timeline for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:23 am

Have you done any research yourself? Information you are asking for is visibly available on the forum.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 98118.html

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 06473.html

Timelines vary. Some members have been waiting since 2014. Other members have waited 2 months.

Was your son born in the UK??

Your wife does not qualify for citizenship yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2016 11:26 am

Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting
FAQs - English language requirements for naturalisation

The quickest turnaround posted on the forum is about 3 weeks I believe but there are people waiting since Feb. 2014 as well. No one can tell you which side of the spectrum will your application(s) fall in.

Edit: Beaten by CR001!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue May 03, 2016 11:28 am

One member here had approval just 7 days after biometric enrolment. Some have been waiting over 2 years. There's no specific timeline although HO aims to process applications within 6 months.
Last edited by ohara on Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:29 am

Thanks ,

May I know why my wife isnt qualify for the nationality ? she got the ILR with me last year and it's been already year past after that and yes my son was born in the UK when I has Tier 1 general and currently he is on Tier1 dependent with Indian Passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:52 am

dkmca80 wrote:Thanks ,

May I know why my wife isnt qualify for the nationality ? she got the ILR with me last year and it's been already year past after that and yes my son was born in the UK when I has Tier 1 general and currently he is on Tier1 dependent with Indian Passport.
For your wife to qualify now, she needs 5 years residence, which she clearly does not have if she only arrived in the UK in 2012. She can apply once you get approval though or wait until she has 5 years residence in July 2017.

Your son can be registered on MN1 under section 1(3) of the nationality act and you could have registered him last year already when you got ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:58 am

Thanks for the reply. One more question- so my wife can apply once I got the Naturalisation Certificate or Red passport? then this 5 yrs residency requirment wont be needed right?

Also if I apply for my son via MN1 then can he has the OCI without parents having OCI?

Also through the links posted by you all are having old english requirment information. Need to know if someone applied recently pls.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:06 pm

Your wife can apply once you get the naturalization certificate. She needs to be physically present in UK 3 years before the date of the application. Also, no more than 270 absences in last 3 years and no more than 90 in last 12 months.

You have already satisfied English requirement during ILR so you can just tick the relevant box in application.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I am about to get my citizenship ceremony in Feb'17 first week and after that I am planning to apply for my wife natrulization ( she came in 2012 and got ILR in 2015 MAy) under 3 yrs rule if spouse became BC.
I have question regarding english requirment for my wife- She has MSC from India and got Letters from College and Unvi that the degree was taught in English and same has been provided during ILR in MAY'2015 without any issues.

1- Do i need NARIC for her or any other english requirement test or the college/Unvi letters are enough provided during ILR in MAY'2015 and I can see in AN1 form that English req is prvoved during ILR after 2013.
"I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after
28th October 2013; "

Please guide me if someone has gone through the same situation.

Thanks
DK

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:25 pm

A NARIC ELA is required.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.