ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

council citizenship ceremony and home office letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sshah20
Pakistan

council citizenship ceremony and home office letter

Post by sshah20 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi all,

I received council citizenship ceremony letter through my friend as it is sent to my previous address. In this letter council already booked ceremony date and ask me you must bring home letter and photo I'd for ceremony. I changed my adress with home office in Feb using the online form. I am waiting for the home office letter from the last two weeks but todate no sign of this letter.
My question is can I attend the ceremony without Home office letter? My ceremony is booked on coming Friday.

Thanks in advance

SShah

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: council citizenship ceremony and home office letter

Post by Casa » Sun May 01, 2016 4:32 pm

It might be a good idea to telephone the council and ask for their advice? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi Casa,

I phoned council this morning and they said we have your certificate for over three months and if you don't attend this ceremony then we will send it back to home office. Now I don't have home office letter and council said you can't attend without home office letter.

I phoned home office as well and they also said that without home office letter you would not be able to attend ceremony.they give me the email citizenship.support@homeoffice.gai.gov.uk to send a letter toto them for another homeoffice letter. I sent them email but I am worried about council as they said if you don't attend this ceremony then they will send it back. Home office letter will take time.

Please advise what to do?

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Update on my situation

Today I received a call from council to bring just your photographic identification with you on ceremony day. They allow me to attend the ceremony without home office approval letter. It's Hugh relief for me.

Nasir443
Newly Registered

Post by Nasir443 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Good to hear that its all sorted for you. I was wondering which Council did you book your ceremony with?

I got the approval letter 4 weeks ago but no invitation letter to date. I contacted Hounslow Council but they are not booking my ceremony by saying I have to wait for that invitation letter and also they didn't receive a confirmation from HO.

Kindly comment.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:46 am

Haringey council.