ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my step son dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amritsar singh

my step son dependent visa

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:53 pm

Hii guys I need some help ....I am British citizen I got married with Indian citizen in Jan 2016 my wife have one two year old baby from previous marriage so I applied both dependent visa from vfs jalandhar on 17th March 2016 and my wife got visa on 7th April but they refused my step son visa the reasons send we did not provide any latter from baby biological father for travel to UK with his mother but in her divorce court gave cousdy to mother ....so we reapply again my step son visa with his biological father permission he made one affidavit from court he mentioned in latter I don't have any objection if my son travel with his mother to UK for settlement .so what you think guys will my son get visa ????

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Urgent response need for re apply my step son dependent

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:05 pm

No one can tell you about outcome of your pending application :D

But if you have sorted out the actual reason of refusal this time and fulfilled all others requirements then hopefully you should get the visa this time. Stay positive and hopeful and doors o fappeal are open in case of unfair refusal

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:09 am

Amritsar singh wrote:Hii guys I need some help ....I am British citizen I got married with Indian citizen in Jan 2016 my wife have one two year old baby from previous marriage so I applied both dependent visa from vfs jalandhar on 17th March 2016 and my wife got visa on 7th April but they refused my step son visa the reasons send we did not provide any latter from baby biological father for travel to UK with his mother but in her divorce court gave cousdy to mother ....so we reapply again my step son visa with his biological father permission he made one affidavit from court he mentioned in latter I don't have any objection if my son travel with his mother to UK for settlement .so what you think guys will my son get visa ????
I had to do something similar in my family's case and the visa was granted second time around.
It doesn't guarantee the same result for you but it shows it can be done.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Hope so everything will be fine
...I rang today to ukvi call center and they told me file on initial check .....don't know what this mean

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:26 pm

I rang again ukvi call center India and I asked about my step son visa application and she said flie still in under process but she said it been done initial check and now with entry clearance officer I applied14th April my wife came and she got biometric card now she going back India because son cannot live without her ...

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:02 pm

Please guys let me know ......about my son approval for visa...my wife came just for two days to collect brp card....we applied my step son visa with new fee on 14th April and also send copy off my wife visa and asked them please take your decision as soon as possible but we still waiting they just refused his visa because his biological father not send any documents for let his son go to UK. But after my wife parents talk with my wife previous husband and he agreed to make affidavit for allow to go anywhere with his mother and he also said in affidavit he will never claim custody off his son in future....I rang last week to ukvi and women told me your application been checked by one off our staff and now your application with entry clearance officer so what you think guys ...because my son can't live without his mother he's only 2 year

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: my step son dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:21 am

Your wife has to prove sole responsibility. There are very good reasons that UKVI will refuse a child visa if this is not proved or complete consent from the other parent is not given or obtained.

You will just have to wait. We cannot guess what the outcome will be so.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Mon May 02, 2016 7:42 pm

Thanks for your reply but ukvi only ask we need to provide any documents which say from his biological father for permission...so only affidavit he provide which he gave all the responsibility to my wife....my wife don't have any contact with her ex husband and his family my step son born in my wife city and he can't stay without his mother so I am really worried what else document we can provide?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 02, 2016 7:46 pm

But did you submit the father's affidavit with the first application?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 02, 2016 7:49 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Mon May 02, 2016 8:31 pm

No we did not provide in first application we ask him to after refusal latter ....so we applied again on 14th April with affidavit so what you think dear

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue May 03, 2016 11:53 am

Hello guys please help me my wife got call from UK high commison delhi ..the lady told my wife she want to talk with your previous husband and wife said I don't have any contact with him so she said how you got affidavit from him so my wife said My mom dad talk with them ...the said you have any email address your husband my wife no I don't have so lady told my wife i will call you after two days you will provide your ex husband number because we need to talk with them ....so what you think guys what they will talk with her ex husband

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 03, 2016 11:59 am

Amritsar singh wrote:Hello guys please help me my wife got call from UK high commison delhi ..the lady told my wife she want to talk with your previous husband and wife said I don't have any contact with him so she said how you got affidavit from him so my wife said My mom dad talk with them ...the said you have any email address your husband my wife no I don't have so lady told my wife i will call you after two days you will provide your ex husband number because we need to talk with them ....so what you think guys what they will talk with her ex husband
I suspect they doubt the provenance of the father's affidavit.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue May 03, 2016 12:12 pm

So you think they only want to make share with him about affidavit

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 03, 2016 12:39 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue May 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Thanks guys so my wife ex husband ready to talk with embassy person ..so what you think what kind question they will ask him about my step son ?

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue May 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Guys please help us ....my ex husband never helped for anything about her son she always with him since he born....so now embassy want to talk with his biological father ....anyone know what kind question they will ask baby biological father about my step son ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:08 pm

No, we don't know and cannot guess what will be asked. We don't work for UKVI or HO.

UKVI need to be sure that the child is 'allowed' and has 'permission' to leave his home country. This is why I and another mod have referenced the sole responsibility issue. They need to be sure that the child is not being abducted/trafficked/stolen/taken without other parents consent etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Amritsar singh wrote:in her divorce court gave cousdy to mother
Is this fact (that the custody of the child is being granted to the mother) mentioned in the judgement? If so, did you include a copy of the judgement in the application?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue May 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Yes court gave coustday and look after responsibility to mother we send also original divorce certificate with coustday buy in end court right my wife husband can claim the coustday in future because kid minor in this time ..also ukvi asked my wife if your husband have email I'd but she said if you want you have my ex husband address you can send him latter but she said no we just need to speak with him my wife really worried she can't live her son in India

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Are you or your family not able to provide a telephone number for your ex-husband, or is it that you are unwilling to do so? Without the telephone number, your application is facing a refusal.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:37 pm

Casa wrote:Are you or your family not able to provide a telephone number for your ex-husband, or is it that you are unwilling to do so? Without the telephone number, your application is facing a refusal.
Agree with casa. If the 'affidavit' is genuine, then I don't understand the OPs reluctance for HO to contact the father.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue May 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Please guys tell me what we can do now...because my wife ex husband refuse to talk with anyone about this matter he said he is divorce with her and gave her affidavit for his son responsibility so now he don't care ...so what we do now ukvi will ring again for his number

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Amritsar singh wrote:Please guys tell me what we can do now...because my wife ex husband refuse to talk with anyone about this matter he said he is divorce with her and gave her affidavit for his son responsibility so now he don't care ...so what we do now ukvi will ring again for his number
Do you, or do you not have his number? If you do, then give it to the UKVI Case Worker and you have at least complied with their request. Whether the ex-husband chooses to speak to them or not remains to be seen.
(Casa, not CR001)

Amritsar singh

Post by Amritsar singh » Tue May 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Yes my wife dad mom speak to middle man about this and middle speak to her ex husband face to face and he said I don't care about anything we have his old number dont know work or nnot but my wife will give to ukvi staff ...but if he will not answer or speak with ukvi then what else we can do ....because my wife can't live him alon he don't stay without her