ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 £50k extension confusion

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheffieldrana

Tier 1 £50k extension confusion

Post by sheffieldrana » Mon May 02, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi,
My Tier 1 (£50k) visa extension is due on August 2017, I got visa as A Marketing Consultant of XYZ, but Now I have one option, can I invest £50k in security company with the job title of Marketing Director?
I m also the director of this security company since 2013.
Any suggestions please

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 £50k extension confusion

Post by seasky » Mon May 02, 2016 4:30 pm

HO acknowledges that entrepreneurs by nature change direction. You will have to explain that in covering letter (make sure it does not result in them thinking original application was deceptive). If you meet all other criteria it is fine. You have little time to start two new jobs as they need to last one year each.

sheffieldrana

Post by sheffieldrana » Tue May 03, 2016 5:56 pm

seasky wrote:HO acknowledges that entrepreneurs by nature change direction. You will have to explain that in covering letter (make sure it does not result in them thinking original application was deceptive). If you meet all other criteria it is fine. You have little time to start two new jobs as they need to last one year each.
Thank you very much

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Tue May 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Sorry
U are not allowed to form any business below level 4.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Tue May 03, 2016 6:31 pm

Business2business wrote:Sorry
He says security company. Is that below 4?

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Tue May 03, 2016 8:02 pm

sheffieldrana

Post by sheffieldrana » Wed May 04, 2016 12:05 pm

(The following stuff is also from the same link. 1174 was for Security Manager in SOC 2000 and now replaced with 3319 in SOC 2010)

Occupations skilled to NQF level 4
SOC 2010 Description
3319 Protective service associate professionals not elsewhere classified
Example job tasks:

-examines, weighs and counts goods imported by ship or aircraft, ensures that the declared value of goods is satisfactory and that duties and taxes have been paid;
-examines passports, visas, work permits and other immigration documents, and allows or refuses entry into the UK;
-maintains revenue control at breweries, tobacco factories and other premises where dutiable goods are manufactured, processed or stored;
-visits racecourses, greyhound stadiums and betting shops to ensure compliance with legal requirements;
-broadcasts information on weather and maritime conditions, monitors shipping and provides instruction to navigators;
-receives distress messages, alerts other appropriate rescue services and participates in search and rescue operations;
-photographs, fingerprints and undertakes other forms of forensic examination at the scene of a crime;
-analyses security requirements, advises clients, and develops, monitors and improves security measures;
-supervises and assigns duties to security and detection staff.

Related job titles:
- Customs officer
- Immigration officer
- Operations manager (security services)
- Scenes of crime officer
- Security manager

Now In SOC 2010 Volume 2, search for 3319. It will show you all related Titles BUT not Security Guard. What I suggested "Security Manager is OK for Enterp. Visa under provision (d) as far as your Services really present the role of Security Manager." Also given list of some examples and at the end I included that "Where possible providing Security Guards or ....."
I have not suggested to be a Security Guard.

This business is a serious stuff. Its not like a client ask you to send a security guard and next day you send a security guard and after a week you get payment. The contract is signed for the factor: "analyses security requirements, advises clients, and develops, monitors and improves security measurest". In the proposal to meet objectives, Security company decides for different factors including Security Guards, CCTVs etc.

sheffieldrana

Post by sheffieldrana » Wed May 04, 2016 12:06 pm

seasky wrote:
He says security company. Is that below 4?
(The following stuff is also from the same link. 1174 was for Security Manager in SOC 2000 and now replaced with 3319 in SOC 2010)

Occupations skilled to NQF level 4
SOC 2010 Description
3319 Protective service associate professionals not elsewhere classified
Example job tasks:

-examines, weighs and counts goods imported by ship or aircraft, ensures that the declared value of goods is satisfactory and that duties and taxes have been paid;
-examines passports, visas, work permits and other immigration documents, and allows or refuses entry into the UK;
-maintains revenue control at breweries, tobacco factories and other premises where dutiable goods are manufactured, processed or stored;
-visits racecourses, greyhound stadiums and betting shops to ensure compliance with legal requirements;
-broadcasts information on weather and maritime conditions, monitors shipping and provides instruction to navigators;
-receives distress messages, alerts other appropriate rescue services and participates in search and rescue operations;
-photographs, fingerprints and undertakes other forms of forensic examination at the scene of a crime;
-analyses security requirements, advises clients, and develops, monitors and improves security measures;
-supervises and assigns duties to security and detection staff.

Related job titles:
- Customs officer
- Immigration officer
- Operations manager (security services)
- Scenes of crime officer
- Security manager

Now In SOC 2010 Volume 2, search for 3319. It will show you all related Titles BUT not Security Guard. What I suggested "Security Manager is OK for Enterp. Visa under provision (d) as far as your Services really present the role of Security Manager." Also given list of some examples and at the end I included that "Where possible providing Security Guards or ....."
I have not suggested to be a Security Guard.

This business is a serious stuff. Its not like a client ask you to send a security guard and next day you send a security guard and after a week you get payment. The contract is signed for the factor: "analyses security requirements, advises clients, and develops, monitors and improves security measurest". In the proposal to meet objectives, Security company decides for different factors including Security Guards, CCTVs etc.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed May 04, 2016 4:24 pm

just to make sure these NQF only applicable for 50k route right ? not for 200k ?