ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed pls

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

racim

Re: Financial requirements

Post by racim » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Casa wrote:...when you apply for her FMR(M) extension? Yes, if you're not earning £18,600 a year she won't qualify. You would have to apply for a FLR(FP) (partner route) visa which will be a longer route to ILR. Do the Council know your wife has no recourse to Public funds?
Yea they do, I know she is not allowed to a public funds, we not getting job seekers allownces.
She is not working and I m on low income housing benefits they helping us towards rent

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:42 pm

racim wrote:
Casa wrote:...when you apply for her FMR(M) extension? Yes, if you're not earning £18,600 a year she won't qualify. You would have to apply for a FLR(FP) (partner route) visa which will be a longer route to ILR. Do the Council know your wife has no recourse to Public funds?
Yea they do, I know she is not allowed to a public funds, we not getting job seekers allownces.
She is not working and I m on low income housing benefits they helping us towards rent
I wasn't referring to job seekers allowance. Assuming you don't have any children, did the council grant you housing benefits as a single person? Do you understand that your wife won't qualify for FLR(M) if you are only earning just over £500 per month? Benefits can't be included in the calculation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

racim

Post by racim » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Casa wrote:
racim wrote:
I wasn't referring to job seekers allowance. Assuming you don't have any children, did the council grant you housing benefits as a single person? Do you understand that you wife won't qualify for FLR(M) if you are only earning just over £500 per month? Benefits can't be included in the calculation.
I was granted housing an Benefit because we are a married couple, when I made the claim they checked what sort of visa she got they made a copy of her passport, so do I have to follow FLR (fp) route !!
Thank u

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:21 pm

You should be getting housing benefit as a SINGLE PERSON and the single person rate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

racim

Post by racim » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:29 pm

CR001 wrote:You should be getting housing benefit as a SINGLE PERSON and the single person rate.
No idea I show them all document and they made a copies, they helping me out towards my rent.
So what route should I follow to apply for her extension now !! Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:37 pm

racim wrote:
CR001 wrote:You should be getting housing benefit as a SINGLE PERSON and the single person rate.
No idea I show them all document and they made a copies, they helping me out towards my rent.
Yes, we all know what housing benefit pays for. The council housing benefit people are not immigration advisors. You need to check that you are only getting single person rate, which will probably be much less than you rent.

How did you meet the financial requirement for her initial spouse visa?

You will have to look at FLR(FP).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

racim

Post by racim » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
racim wrote:
Yes, we all know what housing benefit pays for. The council housing benefit people are not immigration advisors. You need to check that you are only getting single person rate, which will probably be much less than you rent.

Ok you could be right thats what I get and what I pay
My rent is £525
My income is £525 monthly my wife income £0
I get about £480 from council to help me out towards

racim

Post by racim » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
racim wrote:

That is the figures:
My income £525 my wife income £0
My rent is £525
Housing benefit about £480

She was garnted spouse visa coz I use to work full time and get over £19000 yearly thx

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:45 pm

It's essential that you check with the Council Benefits office that housing benefit hasn't been calculated for a married couple. You alone are entitled to assistance with your rent as if you were a single person. Even an FLR(FP) application would be at risk of refusal if your wife has been included in the calculation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

racim

Post by racim » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Casa wrote:It's essential that you check with the Council Benefits office that housing benefit hasn't been calculated for a married couple. You alone are entitled to assistance with your rent as if you were a single person. Even an FLR(FP) application would be at risk of refusal if your wife has been included in the calculation.

I will check with them ones again thx

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:14 pm

racim wrote:
Casa wrote:It's essential that you check with the Council Benefits office that housing benefit hasn't been calculated for a married couple. You alone are entitled to assistance with your rent as if you were a single person. Even an FLR(FP) application would be at risk of refusal if your wife has been included in the calculation.

I will check with them ones again thx
Ask them "Have you calculated my housing benefit for a married couple or for me alone?".
(Casa, not CR001)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Here's the link to the FLR(FP) application - partner route. It will be a 10 year route to permanent settlement (ILR).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flrfp
(Casa, not CR001)

racim

Post by racim » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:22 pm

Casa wrote:Here's the link to the FLR(FP) application - partner route. It will be a 10 year route to permanent settlement (ILR).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flrfp
Hi
Do I still have to pay for immigration health surcharge ! Thx

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Help needed pls

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:42 pm

Yes. £500
(Casa, not CR001)

racim

Post by racim » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:23 pm

Casa wrote:Yes. £500
Thx casa sorry to be a nightmare what about the English language requirement ! I can't see that you need to provide any certificate when you apply as a partner !! Is that right ! Thx

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:39 pm

You're not being a 'nightmare'. If members didn't have any questions, there wouldn't be a forum.

A1 level English only appears to be required if applying as a parent. See No 23 in this link
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2015.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)

racim

English certificate

Post by racim » Tue May 03, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi
I am due to apply for 2.5 extension FLR route as partner of a person who lives in the UK , do I need to peovide English certificate !
Thx for any answers

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: English certificate

Post by Casa » Tue May 03, 2016 9:07 pm

Yes, A1 level from the list of approved English tests.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 04, 2016 2:29 am

Repeating the question will not change the answer. The same question was answered on 21-Apr by noajthan and also on 25-Apr by Casa.

Please keep your FLR(M) queries in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

racim

Re: English certificate

Post by racim » Wed May 04, 2016 2:40 am

Casa wrote:Yes, A1 level from the list of approved English tests.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf
Hi casa thx for your replay, but according to 23. English requirement A1 level is only required to people who are applying as parent of child ... Not for the partner of family members living in the uk ( FLP )
Can you check that ones again please thx