ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice Impounding HO document

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

carlitoo84
Newly Registered

Notice Impounding HO document

Post by carlitoo84 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:59 am

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum so not sure if this issue was already talk about.

To cut a long story short, my wife (Non EU) and I (A8) travelled in 2012 to N. America. She was granted a RC (EEA Family Permit) in 2010 but unfortunately we laminated that document for protection (it was issued on a normal paper). On our way back to UK, we got stopped by the UKBA and her RC was impounded (they issued us with a notice about it). Straight after, we re-applied for what we thought would be a replacement one, and with no problems got it. The issue is that the new RC has been granted for years 2012-17 (rather than 2010-15, so two long years difference). We've tried challange that but got no response from HO at all. This year both of us are trying to apply for PR. She needs to list all her current and previous EEA documents, would a statement explaining what happened be enough so that they can respect the first permit? Please help. Thanks

noajthan

Re: Notice Impounding HO document

Post by noajthan » Wed May 04, 2016 11:32 am

carlitoo84 wrote:Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum so not sure if this issue was already talk about.

To cut a long story short, my wife (Non EU) and I (A8) travelled in 2012 to N. America. She was granted a RC (EEA Family Permit) in 2010 but unfortunately we laminated that document for protection (it was issued on a normal paper). On our way back to UK, we got stopped by the UKBA and her RC was impounded (they issued us with a notice about it). Straight after, we re-applied for what we thought would be a replacement one, and with no problems got it. The issue is that the new RC has been granted for years 2012-17 (rather than 2010-15, so two long years difference). We've tried challange that but got no response from HO at all. This year both of us are trying to apply for PR. She needs to list all her current and previous EEA documents, would a statement explaining what happened be enough so that they can respect the first permit? Please help. Thanks
Word to wise: always copy & scan everything related to immigration & keep forever.

HO will have all your docs on record in their CID and other databanks anyway.

A RC is not a Family Permit. Its also optional.
You can apply for PR when you have acquired PR regardless of the date on any RC.
But yes you can also mention the story of first RC in the additional info section of the form.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.