ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prospect if UK leaves EU for Surrinder Singh based Residency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Freda
Newly Registered

Prospect if UK leaves EU for Surrinder Singh based Residency

Post by Freda » Wed May 04, 2016 10:34 am

Hi,

I am a little concerned about the upcoming referendum and whats its impact could be on EEA route applications. We followed the Surrinder Singh route and my husband currently has his 5 year residency card, which is due for renewal in 2018 for permanent residence. If the UK is no longer in the EU in 2018, will that effect his ability to apply for permanent residence, since I suppose UK immigration will not be under obligation to anymore?

Also, a little unrelated but I am aware that there is a new requirement for non-EEA immigrants to earn £35,000 after 5 years in the UK - does this effect people like us on this visa route?

Many thanks.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: Prospect if UK leaves EU for Surrinder Singh based Resid

Post by Wise » Wed May 04, 2016 11:01 am

Nobody can predict anything now. But am very sure before any exit all the member state will all agree on the faith of the people already in the UK.

If you're from commonwealth country all you need is to vote according to your heart.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.