ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa from Pakistan - Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maggi

Spouse visa from Pakistan - Documents

Post by maggi » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:29 am

Hi,
I'm on ILR, got married last month in Pakistan and planning to apply for "join family of a settled person" visa for my wife.
As I have come to know, the applications for Pakistan are made online and I'll have to send the supporting documents here to UK UKBA Sheffield address.
I am aware of the supporting documents needed by both parties but I just wanted to know about the documents my wife will need to submit in Pakistan? Would it include only her passport? And all remaining documents submitted in UK?
I.e. , besides providing my supporting documents as a husband/sponsor, will I also need to submit her TB test, her english language test, printed application form, her passport size pictures here in UK?
BR,
H

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa from Pakistan - Documents

Post by rathernicelydone » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:06 am

This page will give you guidance on what your wife will need to submit:
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/how_to_apply.html

This is the guide to supporting documents for a settlement visa:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

maggi

Post by maggi » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:18 pm

rathernicelydone wrote:This page will give you guidance on what your wife will need to submit:
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/how_to_apply.html

This is the guide to supporting documents for a settlement visa:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

Thanks a lot for your help, but my question was not about which documents I need to submit. My question was about where to submit the supporting documents which are generated in Pakistan. e.g. TB test, English test result, passport photos etc

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:25 pm

Step by step guide in link below (in plain English).

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 93554.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maggi

Visa Application for Spouse

Post by maggi » Tue May 03, 2016 12:03 am

Hi guys,

I'm in UK on ILR and I got married recently. I'm applying for my wife's visa and while filling out the online application form, I came across this question:
"What is their status in the UK?" i.e. "What is their status in the UK? State if they hold a British Passport or a valid visa"
This question is basically for the sponsor (me).

In the drop-down menu, I get four options:
1) British Citizen
2) EEA National
3) Permanent Resident
4) Temporary Resident

Can someone please advise ILR falls in which of the four categories?
Thanks in advance 8)

BR,
H

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Visa Application for Spouse

Post by ILR1980 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:10 am

maggi wrote:Hi guys,

I'm in UK on ILR and I got married recently. I'm applying for my wife's visa and while filling out the online application form, I came across this question:
"What is their status in the UK?" i.e. "What is their status in the UK? State if they hold a British Passport or a valid visa"

1) British Citizen
2) EEA National
3) Permanent Resident
4) Temporary Resident

Thanks in advance 8)

BR,
H
ILR( Indefinite leave to remain) is also known as permanent residence :)

maggi

Re: Visa Application for Spouse

Post by maggi » Tue May 03, 2016 1:11 pm

modern_newton wrote:

1) British Citizen
2) EEA National
3) Permanent Resident
4) Temporary Resident

Thanks in advance 8)

BR,
H
ILR( Indefinite leave to remain) is also known as permanent residence :)

Quickest reply you can imagine. Thanks modern_newton :D

maggi

Visa4UK online application ambiguity

Post by maggi » Wed May 04, 2016 10:12 am

Hi Guys,
First of all thanks to everyone on these forums and helping others. You guys always are of great help. Thanks.
I'm on ILR and in process of applying for ‘family of a settled person’ visa for my wife.
I must say that the online application form is quite ambiguous. I started the application as "apply for someone else" because I'm filling out the form on behalf of my spouse but then all the questions on the application from beginning are adressed as 'you' 'your' e.g. "do you have any other passport" etc etc which I take it that its about the spouse and not me.

My questions are below:

1) Is "Settlement - Settlement - Wife" correct visa type selected for calling wife to UK?

2) All the initial sections of form are ok (as far I consider that the personal details etc are about the wife who is the applicant and I'm just filling out form for her behalf). However, on 3rd page, the heading is "Spouse / Partner" and then following questions:
a) What is your marital status?
b) Will your spouse/partner be travelling with you?
c) Current Passport or Travel Document Number
d) Nationality
e) Family Name / Surname
and further down, it asks details about 'Father' and 'Mother' etc etc
I imagine its about the spouse (i.e. me) and all my details? Right? But the questions still adress "you" / "your" e.g. "If you only have one name, please enter it" Its really confusing whose details are being asked here, my wife's or mine? Wife's details are already asked on first page and it doesn't make sense to re-enter them here again?

3) Then, there is another section of "Sponsor Details" where further details are asked , name, passport number, address etc. Who's details are supposed to be added here. I guess it would be mine (husband's)?. Now, if its mine, its again repetition as I already have put them in point 2.

4) In the "Sponsor Details" section there is a question: "What is their relationship to you?" and in the drop-down menu, I have every relation except husband / wife :D . i.e. Aunt, Brother, Cousin, Daughter, Father, Friend, Grand parent, Mother, Nephew, Niece, Partner, Sister, Son, Uncle, Work Colleague, Other.
My question is what option should I pick?

Many thanks in Advance,
BR,
H.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 04, 2016 11:12 am

Please keep your spouse visa queries in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed May 04, 2016 11:57 am

The visa application is your wife's, she'll have to sign it - "you" always refers to her.
correct

Part 3 of the application is headed Family Details and it has five sub-sections:
Spouse/Partner - this is about you
The following four sub-sections are all about your wife's other family relations (father, mother, etc)

Part 6 of the application is "Sponsor details" - you are her sponsor. Under relationship put "Partner"

maggi

Post by maggi » Wed May 04, 2016 12:09 pm

manci wrote:The visa application is your wife's, she'll have to sign it - "you" always refers to her.
correct

Part 3 of the application is headed Family Details and it has five sub-sections:
Spouse/Partner - this is about you
The following four sub-sections are all about your wife's other family relations (father, mother, etc)

Part 6 of the application is "Sponsor details" - you are her sponsor. Under relationship put "Partner"
Many thanks for your reply manci. Much obliged.

you are correct that part 3 of application has five sub-sections. And Spouse / Partner should be about me. The only thing that confused me was that the help on the side, still refers as you/your. which gives an impression that its still about the applicant.

Part 6 about "sponsor details" would mean I put my passport and other details again. Relationship "Partner" sounds couple living together without any legal obligation. Husband/Wife would have been more appropriate, only if we had it in the list. Thanks for your help again, as we dont have any other option, I'll select partner.

Regards,
H.

maggi

Post by maggi » Tue May 10, 2016 6:38 pm

Another question, if someone could help please.
I have filled up the online application form and it states in the application process : "After you have completed the online form, you must complete the relevant Financial Requirement Form, Appendix 2 of VAF4A, which can be found at .... "

Now, this form seems quite old dated December 2013. And on this form, its clearly mentioned on the first page "You MUST also complete and submit the main Personal Details Form (VAF4A), Failure to do so will delay your application"

My question is that do we really need to fill the VAF4A form too? even though we have filled and printed/signed the online form?

This visa process is so confusing, every stage is just full of confusions (except the payment page which smoothly takes payments out)

BR,
H

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:19 pm

maggi wrote:Another question, if someone could help please.
I have filled up the online application form and it states in the application process : "After you have completed the online form, you must complete the relevant Financial Requirement Form, Appendix 2 of VAF4A, which can be found at .... "

Now, this form seems quite old dated December 2013. And on this form, its clearly mentioned on the first page "You MUST also complete and submit the main Personal Details Form (VAF4A), Failure to do so will delay your application"

My question is that do we really need to fill the VAF4A form too? even though we have filled and printed/signed the online form?

This visa process is so confusing, every stage is just full of confusions (except the payment page which smoothly takes payments out)

BR,
H
More confusion is awaiting :D

You only need printed online form which is online version of VAF4A and appendix 2 . Those who cannot apply online they need to hand filled VAF4A form along with appendix 2 ..there is also confusion when you send supporting documents to shieffield as two diffrent address given by gov.uk and gerry Pakistan

maggi

Post by maggi » Tue May 10, 2016 8:10 pm

modern_newton wrote:

BR,
H

You only need printed online form which is online version of VAF4A and appendix 2 . Those who cannot apply online they need to hand filled VAF4A form along with appendix 2 ..there is also confusion when you send supporting documents to shieffield as two diffrent address given by gov.uk and gerry Pakistan

Haven't reached that point of sending the documents, but already sure of more confusions awaiting :D
Thanks for your reply.
Would you also be able to advise if Apendix 2 and SU07/12 forms needs to be taken to Gerry's in Pakistan or sent to UK address?
Is there any other such form (from .gov.uk site) needed in spouse application?

BR,
H.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:35 pm

maggi wrote:
modern_newton wrote:

BR,
H

Haven't reached that point of sending the documents, but already sure of more confusions awaiting :D
Thanks for your reply.
Would you also be able to advise if Apendix 2 and SU07/12 forms needs to be taken to Gerry's in Pakistan or sent to UK address?
Is there any other such form (from .gov.uk site) needed in spouse application?

BR,
H.
You dont need SU07/12 because its not for spouse settlement. Your wife only need original passports, printed copy of online form, appointment and fees confirmation email at the time of biometric enrolment..rest all supporting documents she can send to you before even attending enrolment which you can send to sheifffield soon after she enrol for biometrci and sumbit passport ..You can fill appendix 2 in uk as it dont need signature..ask her to make two copy of page of printed online form which has signature on it ..one she can keep for herself and the other she can send to you along with supporting documents

maggi

Post by maggi » Wed May 11, 2016 6:38 am

modern_newton wrote: You dont need SU07/12 because its not for spouse settlement. Your wife only need original passports, printed copy of online form, appointment and fees confirmation email at the time of biometric enrolment..rest all supporting documents she can send to you before even attending enrolment which you can send to sheifffield soon after she enrol for biometrci and sumbit passport ..You can fill appendix 2 in uk as it dont need signature..ask her to make two copy of page of printed online form which has signature on it ..one she can keep for herself and the other she can send to you along with supporting documents
Precise and accurate reply, as always. Thanks modern_newton.

DRS1983

Post by DRS1983 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi there
May i ask have you had nikkah namma attested by foreign affairs?

Thanks

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:29 pm

maggi wrote:
modern_newton wrote: Precise and accurate reply, as always. Thanks modern_newton.
You welcome. Good luck to you mate

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:32 pm

DRS1983 wrote:Hi there

Thanks
Yes In my case original nikah nama was in Urdu so i had attested English translation of it and then had stamp of ministry of affairs from Islamabad. Also got marriage registration certificate ..

maggi

Post by maggi » Fri May 13, 2016 1:01 pm

DRS1983 wrote:Hi there

Thanks
If its in Urdu, get it translated in English first. Yes, I had mine attested by ministry of foreign affairs.

maggi

Post by maggi » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:13 pm

Hi guys,

Two questions:
1) How many passport size pictures of applicant (spouse visa) needs to be submitted with application? I have sent two but just worried if more were required
2) Once you have posted the documents, do you get any confirmation/acknowledgement email? I sent the documents to the "6 Millsands Vulcan House, Sheffield" address, and post office recorded delivery confirms the delivery but do the HO sends any confirmation?

BR,

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:37 pm

Two questions:
1) How many passport size pictures of applicant (spouse visa) needs to be submitted with application? I have sent two but just worried if more were required
2) Once you have posted the documents, do you get any confirmation/acknowledgement email? I sent the documents to the "6 Millsands Vulcan House, Sheffield" address, and post office recorded delivery confirms the delivery but do the HO sends any confirmation?

BR,
1) Two Photographs are enough
2) Some people get email confirmation. Some dont. Dont worry if you dont get any email confirmation. Did you got any email from Sheffield confirming that online application has been received and is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer after enrolling for biometric

maggi

Post by maggi » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:02 am

ILR1980 wrote:

Two questions:

BR,
1) Two Photographs are enough
2) Some people get email confirmation. Some dont. Dont worry if you dont get any email confirmation. Did you got any email from Sheffield confirming that online application has been received and is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer after enrolling for biometric

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I got email from Sheffield that my online application has been received. However, nothing regarding the documents pack.

maggi

Post by maggi » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:00 pm

Hi,
Would someone be able to please advise how long should it take to get the original-supporting documents back once the application decision has been made?
I'm concerned as its taken nearly 2 months since decision was made and haven't received the documents back.
Regards,