ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR LR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Re: ILR LR Application

Post by haris_zam » Wed May 04, 2016 2:01 pm

no where does on the record of hmrc it says number of hours worked. correct me if i am wrong . what i am trying to say is that one might work 25 hours a week for a whole year and not pay any tax as his/her income will be lower the thepersonal allowance threshold and the hmrc tax calculation will show 00 tax paid ,, so how can ho find out number of hours.. ??

just saying.. they are not God.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 04, 2016 2:24 pm

The OP is not showing his own employment history but that of his partner and only to prove that the partner was exercising treaty rights in the UK through employment. Why does UKVI need to find out the number of hours worked or the tax paid?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

oni82

Post by oni82 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:24 pm

geriatrix wrote:The OP is not showing his own employment history but that of his partner and only to prove that the partner was exercising treaty rights in the UK through employment. Why does UKVI need to find out the number of hours worked or the tax paid?
Thanks for your reply! You're correct on the above one! This is not related to my own employment history as that is not a requirement. In regards to the "knowledgeable person" he didn't say whether they will accept it or not, he simply shared what he has experienced recently, that in some cases they accepted it and in some they can challenge you. I agree with you when you say that I have to go with what I have because at the end of the day I cannot present what I do not have (not rocket science to understand that) but since this forum has thousands of people and quite possibly share thousands of experiences I thought asking one question or two in here might turn out to be helpful!

I have noticed too much racing among people here to be righteous and rush into judging or condemn other people's opinions. We need to understand that this is a forum where many immigrants in need or former immigrants share experiences and try to help each other (If I get it right) there's no need to behave like Immigration Officers as we all had enough of them. Let's not forget that regardless of level of knowledge, level of English or nationality we have all been immigrants at some point in this country. If I needed people to be impatient and sometimes show condemn towards one or two mistake I have done in my immigration history I would have called HO. But I came here as I am one of you in that being an immigrant like almost all of you and I need help and advice as I am sure you all needed it as some point of your lives.

Thank you all for you input anyway.

winniee
Newly Registered

Post by winniee » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:10 pm

oni82 wrote:
geriatrix wrote:The OP is not showing his own employment history but that of his partner and only to prove that the partner was exercising treaty rights in the UK through employment. Why does UKVI need to find out the number of hours worked or the tax paid?
Thanks for your reply! You're correct on the above one! This is not related to my own employment history as that is not a requirement. In regards to the "knowledgeable person" he didn't say whether they will accept it or not, he simply shared what he has experienced recently, that in some cases they accepted it and in some they can challenge you. I agree with you when you say that I have to go with what I have because at the end of the day I cannot present what I do not have (not rocket science to understand that) but since this forum has thousands of people and quite possibly share thousands of experiences I thought asking one question or two in here might turn out to be helpful!

I have noticed too much racing among people here to be righteous and rush into judging or condemn other people's opinions. We need to understand that this is a forum where many immigrants in need or former immigrants share experiences and try to help each other (If I get it right) there's no need to behave like Immigration Officers as we all had enough of them. Let's not forget that regardless of level of knowledge, level of English or nationality we have all been immigrants at some point in this country. If I needed people to be impatient and sometimes show condemn towards one or two mistake I have done in my immigration history I would have called HO. But I came here as I am one of you in that being an immigrant like almost all of you and I need help and advice as I am sure you all needed it as some point of your lives.

Thank you all for you input anyway.

Hey Oni82, just wondering how your PEO application went? Did they check your hours worked when you were a student? If so, did they do it through employer or HMRC?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Oni82 hasn't visited the forum since July 2016
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

winniee
Newly Registered

Post by winniee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:47 am

Casa wrote:Oni82 hasn't visited the forum since July 2016
Thanks, was just wondering the end of that discussion as it appeared pretty defensive :lol: