ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS start date and expect entry to UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rocklee
Newly Registered

CoS start date and expect entry to UK

Post by rocklee » Wed May 04, 2016 6:21 pm

Hello guys,

I need your valuable help. I am oversea application for Tier2 general visa. My CoS is already approved yesterday (3rd May). The work start date on CoS is mentioned as 15th June. Does that mean I have to start my work in UK on the same day? Or, I can enter a later expected travel date to UK during entry clearance visa application (Lets say 30th July) and start to work from the day that will be mentioned in my visa after approval?

Please let me know, you help will be greatly valued.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: CoS start date and expect entry to UK

Post by moonlight55 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:59 pm

You can agree on a different start date with the employer. The employer needs to update the revised start date in SMS to keep HO updated on it.

rocklee
Newly Registered

Post by rocklee » Fri May 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Thanks moonlight55, I read in one of the previous post which says it cannot be changed. If it needs to changed then the current one needs to be cancelled and the new one needs to be applied. So I was anxious. Are you sure it can be changed directly in SMS? If anyone else also in this situation or were in this situation and got it changed, please comment. Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri May 06, 2016 6:48 pm

the work start date can be changed by adding a sponsor note but only before the CoS is "used", i.e. before your application for entry clearance is decided.

See:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 15v1_0.pdf

rocklee
Newly Registered

Post by rocklee » Fri May 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Thank you so much Manci, yes I have not yet submitted online application for entry clearance.
Just a question out of anxiety, does changing date on CoS now, with sponsor note like you said, will cause some trouble for entry clearance?