ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit switch to HSMP - FLR questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

govid
Newly Registered

Work Permit switch to HSMP - FLR questions

Post by govid » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:29 pm

I've been working in the UK for 3 years and plan to apply now for the HSMP from within the UK. I have two questions which I couldn't find answers to - any help would be much appreciated:

1. My current leave to remain (granted based on my WP) expires in 2010. Assuming I am successful in my HSMP application, will I need to apply to the HO again for a FLR?

2. My wife is in the UK as my WP dependent. If I apply for the HSMP, will that affect her status? Will I need to notify the HO? I am concerned that any changes to her leave wil have to be made from outside the UK.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:31 pm

Hiya,

If you apply for FLR (HSMP) after a successful HSMP application, your WP LTR will be cancelled and your FLR (HSMP) LTR will apply... i.e., you will receive LTR until (say) about this period, 2010.

Your wife can continue to remain as your dependant. You can apply for her LTR as your dependant when you apply for your FLR (HSMP). She, under normal circumstances, need not step outside the country to apply for FLR/LTR.

However, if she decides to apply for a WP or HSMP, she will then have to leave the UK to gain entry clearance since in-country switch is not permitted for WP/HSMP dependants.

Cheers.

govid
Newly Registered

Post by govid » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:59 pm

Many thanks, that's helpful.