ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal time limit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eutavene1
Newly Registered

Appeal time limit

Post by eutavene1 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:20 pm

Can any one help me ?
my husband and I have submitted and appeal after being refused his spousal visa our deadline was for the 27 th of december but it know seems that it did not get there untill the 28th of december we are a day late .... :(
I recently read on the immigration advisory service website that if you are posting from outside the uk they allow 28 days plus an additional 28 days are allowed for postage to make sure that you recieve the the decision you are appealing against , making a total of 56 days total
( I am not sure what that means ) are we given an extra 28 days or are they refering to something else any help would be gratefully apprecaited :?:

BG101

Post by BG101 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:27 pm

From what I remember that is indeed the case. We were rushing round trying to hand the appeal in to the BHC in Nairobi in time for the deadline having been messed about by bogus immigration advisers etc. and told at the gate "we normally don't do this" (accept applications in person) but they accepted it anyway, and they said something to the effect of the date also refers to the deadline for posting.

BG