ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Reissued and VISA on Old Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Srinibondugula

Passport Reissued and VISA on Old Passport

Post by Srinibondugula » Tue May 03, 2016 8:25 pm

hello Friends,

I got my ILR back in 2014 as a Biometric card. Recently, I came to india on vacation and unfortunately my indian passport got damaged. I got my passport re-issued in India, although its a new passport number.

Question is...Do i need to transfer ILR Visa over to my new passport? There's no ILR VISA stamped on my old passport as its a biometric card. So I'm assuming I don't need to transfer any visa to new passport. I will be travelling to the UK carrying old/new passports and ILR card. Will that be enough?

Does anyone think there could be a prob with immigration authorities during travel? Can you please provide you expert opinion?

Srinibondugula

Re: Passport Reissued and VISA on Old Passport

Post by Srinibondugula » Thu May 05, 2016 11:12 am

Freinds, Its little urgent please...

Can someone respond to my original query please? I'm sure we have a number of experts in the group who can give there insight to the problem..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Reissued and VISA on Old Passport

Post by CR001 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:17 am

No, you don't need to 'transfer' anything as your ILR is NOT in your old passport as a vignette. Update HO when you return with your new passport details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.