ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Applications fast tracked?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Approval Letter

Post by CR001 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:15 am

1. It is fine, no need for amendment.

2. No. The certificate would have been sent to your local council, unless you specifically mentioned another council in the relevant part of the form. If you wish to change it, you have to request this with HO. The council who has the certificate will then have to send it back to HO and you will have to wait for HO to then send it to the new council you chose. This can take many weeks. Suggest wait for invitation letter (assuming you have not received the combined approval/ceremony letter) and see what the availability is for a public or private ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: NCS Applications fast tracked?

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 05, 2016 12:53 pm

Please follow the suggestion given earlier.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

secret.simon

Re: NCS Applications fast tracked?

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 05, 2016 1:05 pm

CR001 wrote: The certificate would have been sent to your local council, unless you specifically mentioned another council in the relevant part of the form.
As mentioned by CR001, the council that you must take your oath at is your local council, unless you specifically nominated another council in the form for naturalisation that you submitted.

If you have got the approval letter, I would suggest calling the council and checking whether they have got your certificate and if so, booking the ceremony.

Expect a long delay. The earliest date at the council that I had nominated was two months after I got approval, but that was fine by me.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.