ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

certificate of sponsorship (Cos) and related issues

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marium123
Newly Registered

certificate of sponsorship (Cos) and related issues

Post by marium123 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:09 am

Hello,

My question is very important, kindly any senior member please reply. Thank you very much.

I am currently being employed at one of the NHS hospitals as a tier 2 work permit visa, the visa will expire next year (2017) in March. I recently got another position in another hospital and they have issued me a CoS (on the 29th of April) with a starting date of 15th of June 2016, next month. I hadn't given my resignation to my current employer as I thought of giving it on the 15th of May so that I can easily cover the notice period of one month and start my job immediately after serving the notice period.

Currently, I am on my approved leaves which started from 30th April for a whole month. My current employer just told me that my contract has ended on their HR system from the 30th of April exactly the next day after I received the new CoS, although my contract was for 1 year. (I randomly called the HR because I wanted an employment letter as I was looking out for mortgages and the lenders needed my employment details).

My question is;

1: Would my current CoS be affected and cancelled automatically, bearing in mind that I have not given the resignation and having received another CoS from a new hospital. I have read it somewhere that every new CoS becomes 'live' (not quite sure what that means).

2: Can you tell me what should I do now. I will be giving my resignation anyway on the 15th of May but it is just that I wont be getting the salary for the month of May as my contract with the current employer ended on the 30th of April (which is rather very strange as no body informed me at all and the timings of the new CoS is making me think). Btw I have worked overtime to cover my shifts in the previous months, so in theory I should be getting paid in the month of May despite being on leaves. The HR is asking me to speak to my manager before 18th of May before the payroll is finalised as they can extend my contract. I don't want to continue with the current employer but I do want to make sure that I get the pay for the month of May as I had worked over shifts.

Thank you so much in advance for your reply.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: certificate of sponsorship (Cos) and related issues

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 05, 2016 3:26 pm

1. This has nothing to do with current CoS but current leave. Your current leave will remain valid until expiry date unless it is either curtailed or a new leave is issued under new sponsorship.
2. Not an immigration query.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!