ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hegilento
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by hegilento » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:11 pm

Hey
Is there any one know if I work on a cruising ship with a UK based company , my days in work are all absences from the uk? Im resident in the UK.

thank you

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun May 01, 2016 2:55 am

Hi everyone

My timeline

Eligibility Criteria: British Citizen 10 year long residency + 13 months ILR
Language Criteria met: Life in the UK + UK masters degree

Method of Application: Redbridge council (JCAP)
Date of Application: 25/04/2016
Payment Method: Debit Card
Date of Receipt by UKBA: 27/04/2016
Fee deducted: ???
Date of Acknowledgement: ???
Date Money gone off for Passports: ???
Date of letter requesting biometrics: ???
Biometrics done: ???
Date of Approval: ???
Date of Ceremony: ???
Date applied for Passports: 25/04/2016
Date Passports received:

Thx
Ali

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Sun May 01, 2016 1:41 pm

What does JCAP stand for?

crystalboy
Newly Registered

Post by crystalboy » Sun May 01, 2016 6:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
imi99999 wrote:Hi
Applied 31st March
Fees debited 22nd April(Thu 8 days ago)
But not acknowledgement or Bio matrix invitation received yet
Is it normal or should I contact
It is probably still on its way. Have some patience.
I am in the same boat no acknowledgement or biometric letter
I applied on 30 march as well.

Mezil
Newly Registered

Post by Mezil » Sun May 01, 2016 7:14 pm

RedBlue wrote:What does JCAP stand for?
Joint Citizenship And Passport

vishy786
Newly Registered

Post by vishy786 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:15 pm

hi
i applied on 29th March, fee debited on 21 April.
I received a letter for biometrics on 26th April.
Done my biometric on 28th April.

I understand this is waiting time, but please guide roughly how long it may take and what next

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:26 pm

vishy786 wrote:hi
i applied on 29th March, fee debited on 21 April.
I received a letter for biometrics on 26th April.
Done my biometric on 28th April.

I understand this is waiting time, but please guide roughly how long it may take and what next
Once you have done your biometrics, it is just a waiting game. It can take a couple of months or it can take a year. Some members are still waiting from 2014. No one can guess how long it will take.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue May 03, 2016 9:11 am

A lot of January/February applications are being approved at the moment, and a few March ones have too.

Aklove2008
Newly Registered

Post by Aklove2008 » Wed May 04, 2016 8:07 am

Hello!

I have submitted my application a while ago (over 6 month), but last week ralised that in my work history / employers details, i forgot one part-time job i did in 2010-2011 in the evenings at a local hotel (i was officially employed on apayroll / paid tax ect).

Should i send a letter to Home Office, saying "Sorry, i forgot one work place, here are details", or would it be better now not to interfere with the process and not to confuse case worker? :?

kankerot
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation refused April 2016

Post by kankerot » Wed May 04, 2016 11:45 am

So for a spouse of a UK citizen is the waiting time 3 years? Ie you apply for a spouse visa and then after 2 years you apply for ILR and then 12 months after you can apply for BC so three years in total?

To apply for the ILR you need to sit the tests for life in the UK and pass English language tests.

It seems from reading on here lots of people have fallen foul of the English language Test because of some unscrupulous operators has that also happened for people who have sat the LIUK test?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed May 04, 2016 12:01 pm

kankerot wrote:So for a spouse of a UK citizen is the waiting time 3 years? Ie you apply for a spouse visa and then after 2 years you apply for ILR and then 12 months after you can apply for BC so three years in total?
It now takes spouses 5 years (normally) to get ILR under current rules for UK route.
Same time as it takes to acquire PR for those on EU trajectory.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Wed May 04, 2016 2:31 pm

So when do you get your ILR? After 5 years then you wait another year to apply for BC under the current rules?

So which rules apply if you had ILR in 2009? Looking at the AN form it reads 3 years for Spousal BC. So have to be present in the country on the day 5 years prior to the application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:01 pm

kankerot wrote:So when do you get your ILR? After 5 years then you wait another year to apply for BC under the current rules?

So which rules apply if you had ILR in 2009? Looking at the AN form it reads 3 years for Spousal BC. So have to be present in the country on the day 5 years prior to the application.
It is 3 years residence for a spouse of BC who holds ILR. You have already applied, so what is the point of your question?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Wed May 04, 2016 3:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
kankerot wrote:So when do you get your ILR? After 5 years then you wait another year to apply for BC under the current rules?

It is 3 years residence for a spouse of BC who holds ILR. You have already applied, so what is the point of your question?
When we went to the NCS interview the lady asked for 5 years residency, I thought I was correct in pointing out it was 3 years but after reading the new rules its 5 years and I am not sure she was present in the country 5 years prior to the application if the date is taken as the NCS date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 04, 2016 3:43 pm

kankerot wrote:
CR001 wrote:

When we went to the NCS interview the lady asked for 5 years residency, I thought I was correct in pointing out it was 3 years but after reading the new rules its 5 years and I am not sure she was present in the country 5 years prior to the application if the date is taken as the NCS date.
NCS are not immigration advisors, they are a third party handling agent for HO. Your spouse(?) has held ILR since 2009 according to your posts. Spouse therefore qualifies on 5 year route (6(1) of BNA) or 3 year route as spouse of BC(you) (6(2) of BNA). If you submitted your passport and marriage cert, then HO will likely apply the 6(2) provision.

It is 5 years to gain ILR for all applications after July 2012 (was 2 years prior to this). For citizenship, it is still 3 years as spouse of BC but the spouse needs ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Superlaylay
Newly Registered

Post by Superlaylay » Wed May 04, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi,

If you want certain documents like BRP back, how do you go about? A decision has not been made on this application however he needs his BRP back asap. Will this impact his application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Superlaylay wrote:Hi,

If you want certain documents like BRP back, how do you go about? A decision has not been made on this application however he needs his BRP back asap. Will this impact his application?
It might yes. Why did you not apply through NCS if you thought you might need your original documents?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kankerot
United Kingdom

Post by kankerot » Thu May 05, 2016 12:21 pm

From what I have gleaned on here it seems that the HO accesses both government data ie Tax records, criminal records, benefit records etc and combines that with Credit reference data like ccj, bank accounts etc to build up a picture. So both public and private data.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by babe_khyber » Thu May 05, 2016 11:14 pm

Need some advice about the posting process.
How long taking decision notification to reach the applicant or their legal representative from the home office. Today I received Email reply from our MP he says the home office informed him the decision has been made and the notification issued to his representative. But I am confused about the outcome of my application because naiether the home office or MP didn't mention about the positive or negative outcome. I am still on hope from the Almighty Allah. Thanks.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Fri May 06, 2016 3:32 am

Joint Citizenship and Passort application.
RedBlue wrote:What does JCAP stand for?

zed.
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by zed. » Fri May 06, 2016 8:48 am

My partner received a letter today from his bank stating that they declined a fraudulent transaction on his credit card last week. He called them up and found out it was the fee payment that got declined. I'm in Australia and still haven't received any letter from UKVI about the declined transaction. Bank can only put a 3 days override. Any attempt to use the card overseas after that window will result in a declined transaction :(
Can I call the home office and ask them to take the payment in next 3 days or do I have to wait for the letter from UKVI and send a payment slip again with another payment method?

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Fri May 06, 2016 11:55 pm

Hi Babe

You you have received email from MP and have provided pre paid return envelope. Home office post letters on Friday each week and if you have provided return envelope special delivery you should receive on sat otherwise Tuesday or Wednesday because they send second class post depending where you live. I hope you get good news soon.

Thanks
Ali
babe_khyber wrote:Need some advice about the posting process.
How long taking decision notification to reach the applicant or their legal representative from the home office. Today I received Email reply from our MP he says the home office informed him the decision has been made and the notification issued to his representative. But I am confused about the outcome of my application because naiether the home office or MP didn't mention about the positive or negative outcome. I am still on hope from the Almighty Allah. Thanks.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by babe_khyber » Sat May 07, 2016 12:29 pm

Finally I have received decision after 2 year 3 month but unfortunately that was refused by the point of asylum interview which is done in 2006. It's totally discrimination because if a some one member of politically party member it doesn't mean the member were bed character. Secondly if the home office doubt why they grated asylum in the Immigration rules 10 year ago. Then at stage of Settlements ILR they concluded any investigation and didn't find anything than granted ILR in February 2013. After one year we applied Naturalisation application plus registration for children and they delayed decision for 2 year and 3 month letter they just refused and pointed your asylum interview you have confirmed you were member of the group which is against the government and American. But at December last year the home office Immigration minister sent a confirmation letter to my MP about any investigation against my involvement war crimes as been completed and didn't revealed any concerns about my character and also confirmed that my file allocated to caseworker for decision. Now they mentioned his refusal letter if you think our decision is wrong then you have right of reconsideration. Anyway I am thinking to instruct my solicitor for reconsideration the decision. There is any chance's in reconsideration one of my child is already British.
Let's see I have hoping.

Babe khyber

jlbrad1984
Newly Registered

Post by jlbrad1984 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi all,

I received an email from visa immigration online requesting action relating to my application:

noreply@visas-immigration.service.gov.uk
May 4 (5 days ago)

to me
UK Visas & Immigration
This email is about the online Visit Visa visa application for Joshua Lee Bradbury.

This application was last accessed 8 weeks ago. If you do not sign in again before May 17, 2016, the application will be deleted. This is done to protect your privacy.

Use this link to sign in to the application:

Sign in to your application

UK Visas and Immigration

I am 90% sure this relates to an online version I kicked off but never submitted but I thought I would double check those that have had any questions from the home office what that looks like? Is it email or post or phone?

Thanks,
Josh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:35 pm

jlbrad1984 wrote:Hi all,

I received an email from visa immigration online requesting action relating to my application:

noreply@visas-immigration.service.gov.uk
May 4 (5 days ago)

to me
UK Visas & Immigration
This email is about the online Visit Visa visa application for Joshua Lee Bradbury.

This application was last accessed 8 weeks ago. If you do not sign in again before May 17, 2016, the application will be deleted. This is done to protect your privacy.

Use this link to sign in to the application:

Sign in to your application

UK Visas and Immigration

I am 90% sure this relates to an online version I kicked off but never submitted but I thought I would double check those that have had any questions from the home office what that looks like? Is it email or post or phone?

Thanks,
Josh
Application for what? Citizenship is NOT an online application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)