ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 working visa valid time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hx620
Newly Registered

Tier 2 working visa valid time

Post by hx620 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:08 pm

Dear all, I need a help for a question about my T2 working visa.
My company went to administration in Feb 2016 and my colleague noticed HomeOffice by letter. I also sent my new address to HomeOffice. But I still haven't received any letter to tell me how long I can stay. My visa original valid time is till 2019. I don't know when I have to leave.

Anyone could tell me where I can find out how long I still can stay in the UK? I don't want to overstay.

Thank you so much

HX

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 working visa valid time

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 05, 2016 3:37 pm

Your leave will remain valid until it expires, unless it is curtailed. Make sure UKVI and your employer have your current address so that the curtailment lette reaches you whenever it is issued.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Kamal123
Newly Registered

Post by Kamal123 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:40 pm

It will be curtailed if you have more than few months remaining. You will be informed by letter and will have 2 months from the time you recieve the letter. The letter will require sign so it can not go missing. With the work load home office has it may be 2-4 months before they actully issue the letter.

Source : me and 3 friends were made redundant in Dec/Jan. All letters arrived at start of months.

hx620
Newly Registered

Post by hx620 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:57 pm

geriatrix wrote:Your leave will remain valid until it expires, unless it is curtailed. Make sure UKVI and your employer have your current address so that the curtailment lette reaches you whenever it is issued.

Hi, Geriatrix, thank you for your reply. i sent UKVI my address in the beginning of Feb, but i have moved out that place. When the letter arrives:
1. Is it ok to ask someone living in the address to sign it?
2. if nobody at home, will the letter be resent again?
I am really worried the letter was missing so I will overstay here.

Thank you for your kind reply

hx620
Newly Registered

Post by hx620 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Kamal123 wrote:It will be curtailed if you have more than few months remaining. You will be informed by letter and will have 2 months from the time you recieve the letter. The letter will require sign so it can not go missing. With the work load home office has it may be 2-4 months before they actully issue the letter.

Source : me and 3 friends were made redundant in Dec/Jan. All letters arrived at start of months.

Hi Kamal123, My company noticed the home office in the beginning of Feb the company went to administration in the middle of Dec 2015. And I sent my last address to home office in Feb too. But I still haven't received the letter. Could you tell me when you received the letter? as i don't understand what you mean by: All letters arrived start of months.

thank you so much.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 06, 2016 7:44 am

hx620 wrote:i sent UKVI my address in the beginning of Feb, but i have moved out that place.
That means UKVI doesn't have your current address!! :roll:

No, the letter is sent only once and to the most recent address on their records.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hx620
Newly Registered

Post by hx620 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:32 pm

geriatrix wrote:
hx620 wrote:i sent UKVI my address in the beginning of Feb, but i have moved out that place.
That means UKVI doesn't have your current address!! :roll:

No, the letter is sent only once and to the most recent address on their records.

No, they don't have my current address. The landlord in my last address which i sent to the UKVI said they have't received any of my letters. Now I am worried the royal mail didn't drop the letter because nobody signed it. Is this possible?
Do you know a phone number to contact UKVI?