ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BP21
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by BP21 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:29 pm

pumpkinlu wrote:Hi guys, I am new to the forum, just started completing my application form and getting all the supporting evidence together.

I have a question - I have seen it asked before on the forum, but no response was really given. For those of you who are accession state workers, but did not complete the registration, what did you put in the relevant part of Section 9?

In my case, I was not aware of it and I basically worked without the registration for a couple of weeks in April 2011. I am wondering how best to complete the form? I am not using this period for my qualifying period, but what do I state there? Shall I just admit I failed to get the registration? Or shall I just keep quiet about it, given that I am not counting those few weeks in the qualifying period?

If anyone has been/is in the same situation, I would love to hear how you have dealt with this.

Thanks a lot!
Hi there! I am in the same situation as you are (or even worse), as, coming from an accession state, I worked without a work permit between 2007 and 2011. I had no clue that this was needed, and, in my defence, my employer did not require any...I think this would have been their responsibility as well! I did fill in that page though, as I thought it's best to be honest...they will know anyway that I've been here since 2007 so I had to explain! I ticked the box which says 'I worked without a work permit', and explained everything in the comments box, asking them to contact my employer for more information (I still work for the same company). I couldn't think of any better way of doing it unfortunately... I am a bit worried.
You might be fine though, as you worked without a WRS for 2 weeks only! I will update you if I know more about my application. Good luck!

Kate73
Newly Registered

Post by Kate73 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:03 pm

Hi,
When can I apply for EEA PR ....5 years after
I arrived to UK or 5 years after I started
to work here?I have arrived in June 2011, didn't need WRS
I started to work in September 2011.
Do I need to prove I was here since June 2011? What if the earliest letter I have got is with some date from July 2011?
Thanks

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Wed May 04, 2016 10:10 pm

Kate73 wrote:Hi,
Do I need to prove I was here since June 2011? What if the earliest letter I have got is with some date from July 2011?
Thanks
5 years after you started work (excising treaty rights)
September 2011 - September 2016

good luck
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed May 04, 2016 10:21 pm

Kate73 wrote:Hi,
Thanks
Your qualifying period will have started in September 2011. You will only need to provide evidence from September 2011 to September 2016.

DanaBanana
Newly Registered

Post by DanaBanana » Wed May 04, 2016 10:22 pm

Hi

Have you or do you know of anyone who used a cover letter or an older form to apply for PR EEA route? I am sending my application tomorrow but now have second thoughts about not using the latest form.

Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed May 04, 2016 10:24 pm

Plenty of people have applied on older forms. Have a look at this one and be sure to read the first page thoroughly: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128 ... ple_v2.pdf

Kate73
Newly Registered

Post by Kate73 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:34 pm

Thank you!

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Wed May 04, 2016 11:01 pm

DanaBanana wrote:Hi

Have you or do you know of anyone who used a cover letter or an older form to apply for PR EEA route? I am sending my application tomorrow but now have second thoughts about not using the latest form.

Thanks
I used the old form as the new one seemed to intrusive. I still fail to understand what bussiness goverment has which language my kids speak at home even though they are not on the application form!!!???!! Questions like that got me reasearching and I found few threads on different forums confirming its ok.

Anyway, I called Home Office to check and nice man I spoke to explained I can use either a letter or an old form providing a correct (current) fee is enclosed.
Just use payment section form the EEA PR form. Its just easier.

If you are still a bit unsure, please let me know and I can send you links to relevant HO guides where they say you can use letter or older application form.

Good luck

DanaBanana
Newly Registered

Post by DanaBanana » Thu May 05, 2016 10:21 am

Thank you so much Ohara and Lespa. I read the HO guidelines just don't want to stumble across a frustrated caseworker and give him reasons to pick on stuff.

But yes, I agree with you Lespa, the current form is very intrusive. If I know I can safely use another form I will. I filled in the form that Ohara provided and will write a brief cover letter as well. My case it pretty straightforward, my husband has been self employed all these years and I worked part time and now on mat leave, and we are both eea. My folder is huge though but really don't want to leave papers out so I will send everything( almost ). Wish me luck, I will let you know once I actually pull the courage to send them, as I know once they're gone that's it :lol:

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu May 05, 2016 10:51 am

ohara wrote:Plenty of people have applied on older forms. Have a look at this one and be sure to read the first page thoroughly: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128 ... ple_v2.pdf

this is the link for the old EEA 3 form, and how about the old EEA 4 form (non-EEA national) do you have the link for that, and I have also emailed you to see if you can help with that query!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu May 05, 2016 8:11 pm

It is quite rude to PM. There are plenty of users on this forum with a wealth of collective knowledge, and having the replies in public will help other people too.

In answer to your questions;
Sorry to bother you, i'm just wondering what year was this old form (EEA 3) and how about the extra information they ask in the new form (like benefits, absences, the address in the form if it's different between the two form) also have noticed that the fee is £65, i'm sure at that time it was free of charge! confused
The extra information that is asked for in the EEA(PR) form such as benefits etc is not required, it is purely for UKVI to collect extra data on you.

Back in the days of the EEA3 form there was no fee, whereas now it is £65. The link I posted above is a modified version of a very old EEA3 form. It has been brought up to date with the correct address and payment guidance, along with the payment page from the EEA(PR) form. The information that is asked for by this modified form is literally the bare minimum that is required to obtain a document certifying permanent residence.

The rules for obtaining EEA residence documentation are not set by the UK government. The caseworkers have strict guidance which you can download here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v3_0.pdf

Unfortunately I do not have the link to the old EEA4 form.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu May 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Ohara,

First I'm sorry for sending u PM, second there is no need to call me rude as I haven't done anything wrong except that PM, as u can see I'm a new here and u as senior member u should not say that to someone who's new who's trying to make his/her way through and learn like anyone else! Well I got it now! That was first and last

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu May 05, 2016 8:59 pm

By the way thanks for your reply Ohara! That was helpful

Cheers!

hegilento
Newly Registered

Post by hegilento » Thu May 05, 2016 9:41 pm

hi

my question is since from 2014 i receiving online payslips and even printed copy of P60,

1. Do i have to print them all and ask my employer to stamp and sign them.?
2 . when i received the same in earlier years like normal ( old fashion ) payslips 2010-2013 and contains my address month after month so is that a proof of address?
3. Do i have to ask a letter from the current employer im working for them ? i attached my signed contract with the current employer and with the previous one . is it enough?

thank you for the answer

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Thu May 05, 2016 11:10 pm

OK guys, here is the link to an EEA4 application form, but this website requires subscription.
https://www.pdffiller.com/en/project/63 ... d=22333881

I hope you can find it elsewhere for free. I couldn't and I ended up paying the fee.
For some reason its very hard to find it online. Bordering conspiracy theory haha :twisted:

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Thu May 05, 2016 11:17 pm

hegilento wrote:hi

my question is since from 2014 i receiving online payslips and even printed copy of P60,

1. Do i have to print them all and ask my employer to stamp and sign them.?
2 . when i received the same in earlier years like normal ( old fashion ) payslips 2010-2013 and contains my address month after month so is that a proof of address?
3. Do i have to ask a letter from the current employer im working for them ? i attached my signed contract with the current employer and with the previous one . is it enough?

thank you for the answer
I have only online payslips and I printed all, I did not ask for stamp and sign as there were too many payslips...
I did not have P60s, so I got letter from employers.
I also attached bank statements with only payments from the companies (I went to my branch, they printed them, put stamps and signatures. Lloyds).

Yesterday my employer received a call from UKIV in order to confirm the authenticity of the letter.

I hope I am towards the end of the process. I am on 71 days now. Most of the people already received it maybe my case worker was on holiday :D
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

lubmob

Post by lubmob » Fri May 06, 2016 9:30 am

9.4 Complete the table below with details of the relevant EEA national’s (your or your
sponsor’s) activity in the UK. Complete in chronological order, starting from when you/they
entered the UK. For each period, briefly indicate what you were/your sponsor was doing.
Continue on a separate sheet if necessary.
Give further details of your/your sponsor’s activity in questions 9.5 to 9.12. For any period
in which you were/your sponsor was not a qualified person, or if you wish to give any further
information, give details at 9.13.
(1) Summary of the relevant EEA national’s activity
From (date) To (date) What the EEA national was doing (e.g. working, self-employed,
self-sufficient, studying, looking fo

plz can any one explain me what that mean i give detail in summery when my wife came in uk first enter or give summery from relevant qualifying period

and than from 9.5 to 9.12 there is i give infor mation saprately or this information if she not working than i give information

lubmob

Post by lubmob » Fri May 06, 2016 10:18 am

ohra

section 9
Summary of the relevant EEA national’s activity
From (date) To (date) What the EEA national was doing (e.g. working, self-employed,
self-sufficient, studying, looking for work

can any one tell me in this section give detail from she entered or give details from she start her qualifying period

and than there another question is

Give further details of your/your sponsor’s activity in questions 9.5 to 9.12. For any period
in which you were/your sponsor was not a qualified person, or if you wish to give any further
information, give details at 9.13.

from 9.5 to 9.12 if she stop working thann i give details or
lubmob
Newly Registered

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri May 06, 2016 2:41 pm

Lespa wrote:OK guys, here is the link to an EEA4 application form, but this website requires subscription.
https://www.pdffiller.com/en/project/63 ... d=22333881

I hope you can find it elsewhere for free. I couldn't and I ended up paying the fee.
For some reason its very hard to find it online. Bordering conspiracy theory haha :twisted:
Link to the EEA4 form from 2011 straight from the government archives: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... /eea41.pdf

Be aware that this form has outdated addresses, if you use it you will need to make sure you send it to the current address as on the EEA(PR) form, along with a completed payment page form the EEA(PR) form, and also the entire biometric section from the EEA(PR) form.

fhqwhgads
Newly Registered

Post by fhqwhgads » Fri May 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Update - I got my passports back today. I'd used the online form ( https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned ) on the 21st, so it looks like the 10-working-day estimate for returning documents is spot on.

Timeline so far (EEA citizen DCPR):
Posted (special delivery): 10/04/2016
Arrived: 12/04/2016
Payment taken (cheque): 19/04/2016
Requested passports back: 21/04/16
Passports arrived back: 06/05/16 (letter dated 03/05, 2nd class signed-for)

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Fri May 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Got my ID back today too! They did not include the driving license though... :?

Application received: 08/03/2016
Payment taken: 11/03/2016
Confirmation emai: 29/03/2016 (so exactly 3 weeks after they received my application - this includes the Easter holidays btw)
ID requested: 19/04/2016
ID received: 06/05/2016 (dated 03/05/2016)
DCPR: ?

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Fri May 06, 2016 6:57 pm

That's my updated timeline.

-Application sent: 01/04/2016
-Received by HO: 04/04/2016
-Application fee (credit card): 12/04/2016
-Confirmation email: Still Waiting

Today have near 4 weeks after the payment be cleared and still no news about the confirmation email.
It is normal taking this time ? someone on the same waiting time ?

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Fri May 06, 2016 8:14 pm

Tony2015 wrote:That's my updated timeline.

Today have near 4 weeks after the payment be cleared and still no news about the confirmation email.
Yeah I think these days you'll get the confirmation email roughly one month after they receive your application.

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:27 pm

salmintin wrote:
Tony2015 wrote:That's my updated timeline.

Yeah I think these days you'll get the confirmation email roughly one month after they receive your application.
Thanks salmintin , Any news, I will keep updated.

BP21
Newly Registered

Post by BP21 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:52 pm

I received my passport today, only 9 working days after I requested it back!! Such a massive relief, since I needed it for an urgent trip that I did not anticipate when I submitted my application.. My timeline is as follows:

Application submitted: 20/04/2016
Received by Home Office: 21/04/2016
Passport requested back: 22/04/2016
Payment taken: 24/04/2016
Confirmation e-mail received with case ID: 29/04/2016
Passport received: 06/05/2016

Good luck to everyone!! :D