ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for relatives of a Tier 2 migrant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

giuliagiulia
Newly Registered

Visitor visa for relatives of a Tier 2 migrant

Post by giuliagiulia » Fri May 06, 2016 11:33 am

Hello,

Just wondering and needing some advice of the following:
- Mother in law wants to come over as we will have a baby to be born soon;
- She needs a visa, and my husband and I would need to provide supporting documents;
- I am on a Tier 2 sponsorship currently (expiring in September), and starting a new job with another sponsorship in September. Hence, my husband and I would have to switch to the new sponsorship soon - but not yet;
1. Would there be any problems for mother-in-law to obtain family visit visa of 6 months, if we provided supporting documents based on our current sponsorship, even if that is going to expire soon (i.e. technically expiring before the expiry date of the supposedly granted 6-months visa for mother-in-law)?
2. Or should we wait until we have our new visas - which might take quite a long time as we intend to apply just before the current visas/sponsorship expire - to provide supporting documents for the family visitor.

Thanks a lot for all suggestions!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Visitor visa for relatives of a Tier 2 migrant

Post by iworker » Fri May 06, 2016 12:26 pm

i think you will be fine and that your end date would not matter.
however, u need to understand that she will be applying for general visitor visa. You cant just fully support her application. You can send a letter and bank statement to show that you can help her stay, but she herself have to fulfill all relevant documents herself as well, as it is her visa application.