ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepneur partner visa refused

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raheelmalhi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 1 Entrepneur partner visa refused

Post by raheelmalhi » Fri May 06, 2016 11:57 am

Hello
I have applied for my wife visa as entrepneur partner and visa was refused today bec no criminal record certificate was provided.
I did not see in any guidance nor my lawyer told me anything.
I dont know where they bring this new rule.
Can anyone suggest
Thanks

moongesture
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Entrepneur partner visa refused

Post by moongesture » Fri May 06, 2016 12:24 pm

"From 1st September 2015, If you are applying for entry clearance as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) or
as an adult dependant (over 18 years old) of the main applicant in this route you must provide
an overseas criminal record certificate for any country you have resided in continuously for 12
months or more, in the 10 years prior to your application. You must provide the following
specified documents"

Ref: Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Policy Guidance version 04/2016 - Page 6

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 06, 2016 12:29 pm

Surprisingly, this requirement is not mentioned in the PBS dependant policy guidance. But only finds mention the Tier 2 (Entrpreneur) policy migrant which is for "principal / main migrants".

:shock:
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 06, 2016 12:46 pm

This is clearly mentioned in the Tier 1E guide as well as the immigration rules Part 9 "Grounds on which entry clearance or leave to enter the United Kingdom is to be refused":
(2A) failure, if required to do so, by a person seeking entry to the United Kingdom to provide a criminal record certificate from the relevant authority in any country in which they have been resident for 12 months or more, in the past 10 years
See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... or-refusal
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice