ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements required for SET(O) UK ancestry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aussie321
Newly Registered

Bank statements required for SET(O) UK ancestry

Post by Aussie321 » Thu May 05, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi
I am applying for ILR after qualifying by spending 5 years in the UK on an ancestry visa and have a couple of related queries.

For section 5 it asks for evidence of your finances. Do you have to provide bank statements, payslips, and contract of employment? Or would just one of these items suffice?

Also in relation to the bank statements, my bank is unable to post me paper statements in time for me to submit my application. So would a print out of an online statement which is then certified by the bank suffice? Along with a covering letter explaining why I cannot provide the originals?

Also once i submit the application if they have an issue with one of the supporting documents would they contact you to sort this out or decline the application and ask you to resubmit in full?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bank statements required for SET(O) UK ancestry

Post by CR001 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:23 pm

1. 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements.

2. Online and stamped by bank is fine or alternatively, pop into a branch and ask them to print off for you.

3. It is the applicants responsibility to submit all the supporting evidence required. Failing to submit something may result in a refusal and loss of fee. Are you applying by post or in person for a same day decision?

See link below of recent ILR success though Ancestry route.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... R#p1336629
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aussie321
Newly Registered

Post by Aussie321 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Thanks very much. I will provide 6 months worth of bank statements and pay slips rather than the minimum 3 as suggested in the guidance notes.

I am trying to decide whether to apply via post or at a premium service centre.

If you apply at a premium service centre what documentation do you receive on the day to evidence their decision? As I need to provide my employer with something similar to the acknowledgement letter I would receive for a postal application. And I believe the biometric residence permit can take 7 days after the appointment to arrive in the post.

Many thanks for your help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 06, 2016 1:40 pm

An approval letter, if the application is approved on the day.
An acknowledgement that an application has been received, if the application is undecided on the day for some reason or deferred for some reason.

In-person applications are not a guarantee of same day approval.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Aussie321
Newly Registered

Post by Aussie321 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Great. Thanks very much for your guidance.