ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original Driving Licence refused: EC blues

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmppune

Original Driving Licence refused: EC blues

Post by hsmppune » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:40 am

Hi Friends,

I applied for EC the day before at a VFS Global center in Pune. I submitted all the documentation submitted at the time of initial HSMP approval in original.

However, the VFS officer refused to accept the driving licence in original, and instead accepted a plain non-attested copy of the DL. I am apprehensive that the BHC EC officer might not honour this as age proof evidence, and this might affect my EC approval.

I think this has started happening only recently, can someone who has applied for EC with DL copy and got approval let us know, so we can rest in peace?

Any ideas why VFS can accept all the documents in original but not the driving licence?

Looking forward to your inputs.

Thanks and Regards

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:44 pm

VFS overstep the mark in not accepting these documents. I suggest you contact the consulate directly.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

rocky

Hi Victoria

Post by rocky » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:45 am

Hi,
Even in Mumbai the vfs guys dont accept the original driving license.
Wwhat do we do?
Do we mail BHC explaining the situation and send them a scanned copy of the same?

Plz Explain.

rely

Post by rely » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:20 am

When I checked out they say that original passport is already there so not required.
rely
VictoriaS wrote:VFS overstep the mark in not accepting these documents. I suggest you contact the consulate directly.

Victoria

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:55 am

Hi Rely,

So you have already applied for your EC without the original full driving licence?

What was the outcome, did you get in touch with the BHC to inform about this anomaly?

Regards

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Original Driving Licence refused: EC blues

Post by gotcha » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:03 am

hsmppune wrote:Hi Friends,

Any ideas why VFS can accept all the documents in original but not the driving licence?

Looking forward to your inputs.

Thanks and Regards
Because, probably, they would be responsible, if you tell that original DL is with BHC, once caught due to trafic rule violation.

this is normal, I'd applied with photocopy of DL. And got my EC approved. So, don't worry.
Last edited by gotcha on Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:11 am

Thanks Gotcha,

Thats the kind of confirmation I was looking for. That takes a big load off my chest :).

Thanks a lot.

Cheers
hsmppune

mohd irshad ali
Newly Registered

Post by mohd irshad ali » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi friend,

I got my HO approval on Sep20, 2007. But that time no issue of original DL. If they dont accept originl DL , cant u provide ur originl BIRTH CERTIFICATE for age proof. I feel i will help u.

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:16 pm

Hey Irshad,

Thanks for your reply.

I submitted DL for the very reason that I do not have my birth certificate with me. And so is the case with other people submitting the driving license.

Birth certificate is the 'ultimate' age proof. Unfortunately, people might not have it either in the right condition or in the right language. In both the cases DL is the easier choice.

Regards

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:33 am

I applied from Bangalore VFS and they accepted my driving license card type. Also they were very cooperative.

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:42 am

Hi hsmphsmp,

Good for you that VFS accepted your original DL. I did not find VFS too consistent in dealing with various cases.

Anyways, good luck with your EC. Keep all in the loop.

Regards

londoneye
Newly Registered

Post by londoneye » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:35 am

Guys please don't panic! You'll be just fine with the copy of your DL. If you still have worries then just e-mail the British Hogh commission quoting your reference number and inform them. Doing this will help you sleep better at night :D

All of you should get your EC;s . All the best!