ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOB of parents for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Captain1
Newly Registered

DOB of parents for naturalisation

Post by Captain1 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi everyone ,

I got my ILR one year ago and now I am about to apply for naturalisation . But I don't know the Date of Birth of both of my parents . My father passed away more than 6 years ago and my mother passed away two years ago . I don't know what should I mention as their DOB .
Also I am concerned whether I may be asked to furnish the death certificates of my parents . I have the death certificate of my mother but not that of my father .
Could you please advise me how to fill in these sections in the form AN and if I write a covering letter explaining this situation what exactly I should mention in it .

Many thanks for your help .

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Re: DOB of parents for naturalisation

Post by Saladin0011 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:09 pm

They should be on your birth certificate.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri May 06, 2016 10:13 pm

Captain1 wrote:Hi everyone ,

I got my ILR one year ago and now I am about to apply for naturalisation . But I don't know the Date of Birth of both of my parents . My father passed away more than 6 years ago and my mother passed away two years ago . I don't know what should I mention as their DOB .
Also I am concerned whether I may be asked to furnish the death certificates of my parents . I have the death certificate of my mother but not that of my father .
Could you please advise me how to fill in these sections in the form AN and if I write a covering letter explaining this situation what exactly I should mention in it .

Many thanks for your help .
Just state "Not known" if truly not known.

No DC detail is requested nor required.

No need for a cover letter on this matter.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Captain1
Newly Registered

Post by Captain1 » Sat May 07, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi Noajthan ,

Thank you very much for your advice . Actually before I put in this thread I had spoken to the home office on phone and I was advised to provide a cover letter for this . Then I also spoke to a solicitor and they also said that I should provide a cover letter and mention this explanation also in the space provided on page 22 of form AN . That's why I thought that I would need to provide a covering letter .
So I am wondering if I need to mention this on page 22 only ? : :( . Please advise .

Many thanks again for your kind help .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat May 07, 2016 6:37 pm

Captain1 wrote:Hi Noajthan ,

Thank you very much for your advice . Actually before I put in this thread I had spoken to the home office on phone and I was advised to provide a cover letter for this . Then I also spoke to a solicitor and they also said that I should provide a cover letter and mention this explanation also in the space provided on page 22 of form AN . That's why I thought that I would need to provide a covering letter .
So I am wondering if I need to mention this on page 22 only ? : :( . Please advise .

Many thanks again for your kind help .
Covering letter about death of parents and death certificates?
Why did they advise that (ie based on what requirement)?

There is not even a: "are parents alive" / "when did they die" line of questions on the application form.

And if you have ILR and are naturalising under section 6(1) or 6(2) of BNA you are not relying on parents for your citizenship;
- so their identity, (DOB, date of marriage, DOD & etc etc) are, in my understanding, immaterial.

Captain1
Newly Registered

Post by Captain1 » Sun May 08, 2016 2:30 am

Hi Noajthan ,

I think they advised me to provide covering letter stating that my parents have passed away and I don't know their date of birth . The solicitor also said to write an explanation about this on page 22 of form AN .
So should I just write an explanation mentioning these facts on page 22 ? Or do you think even that is not necessary .

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun May 08, 2016 10:22 am

Captain1 wrote:Hi Noajthan ,

I think they advised me to provide covering letter stating that my parents have passed away and I don't know their date of birth . The solicitor also said to write an explanation about this on page 22 of form AN .
So should I just write an explanation mentioning these facts on page 22 ? Or do you think even that is not necessary .

Thanks
Well no harm in providing it (in the 'additional info' section of the form).
I wouldn't go to trouble of submitting DCs.

Caseworker can use the information or disregard it at her leisure; if any further clarification is required they will ask.

Captain1
Newly Registered

Post by Captain1 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi Noajthan ,

Many thanks for your help . :)