ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax issue found for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

celandine
Newly Registered

Tax issue found for ILR

Post by celandine » Sun May 08, 2016 1:47 am

HI,
I got first Tire 1(G) in April 2011,at that time, I submitted Full time employment pay slip and Self employment with combine income £35k and i got tire 1visa , after that ,I paid tax for self employment as per accountant suggested.
I closed self employment in 2012. on my second extension , I just put up my full time employment salary which was more than 35K so i got visa. Similar for ILR application ,i will show my salary slip only as my earning over a 35k.
I found yesterday , I paid tax for 2010/2011 was for £34,400. It was mistake by accountant while i show my total income 35k for getting T1 visa @ HO.
I am applying for ILR in person in end of May.
Now my Question is :
(1) what shall i do for 2010/2011 tax? do i need to worry about?
(2) How can i amend tax for 2010/2011 for self employment that closed in 2012? (I don't have any contact with accountant)
(3) Is there any way I can find what was my income for last five year on HMRC?
(3) I am applying in person first time so can you please suggest me ,how to apply for dependent(wife) ILR at same time with me for in person? Do i need to apply separately?

I would be really grateful for suggestion on my question.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Tax issue found for ILR

Post by zahmed05 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:12 am

Tax discrepency is a big issue these days. HO will refuse the ILR if they found any issue with the HMRC return against your claimed income.

You can amend your return and it will take about 4-5 months. I suggest you don't go to same day appointment. Post your case.

You can request SA302 and employment history from HMRC. This should show the income you had over the last fine years.

Your wife can apply on the same form if she came to UK before Jul 12.

Please go thorough the different posts on forum and be very careful on first step. Don't take any risk and prepare your case very carefully.

Best of luck!

celandine
Newly Registered

Post by celandine » Sun May 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Thank you very much for quick reply. I fully agree with your suggestion for post application but unfortunately I have already booked date. My employer booked my business trip to US in June so i have to get ILR before I fly as my visa expire.
I will find accountant and talk about this as earliest. if i put amend tax letter with my application ,would it be help on my application for same day?
Thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 08, 2016 12:40 pm

celandine wrote:Thank you very much for quick reply. I fully agree with your suggestion for post application but unfortunately I have already booked date. My employer booked my business trip to US in June so i have to get ILR before I fly as my visa expire.
I will find accountant and talk about this as earliest. if i put amend tax letter with my application ,would it be help on my application for same day?
Thanks.
There's zero chance of resolving this issue before June.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:51 pm

sort out the tax before applying for ILR! that difference will be noticeable by the caseworker.

Any cases of previous self employment and dealt strictly these days!

celandine
Newly Registered

Post by celandine » Sun May 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Thanks everyone, I am going cancel my in person appointment right now. I will cancel my US trip too.

aamirwani

Post by aamirwani » Sun May 08, 2016 3:26 pm

I wish you best of luck

How much is the difference in the income declared to HMRC?

celandine
Newly Registered

Post by celandine » Sun May 08, 2016 5:44 pm

I just found my online access for self assessment and I opened my online account and checked tax for 10/11, that show me overdue payment of £396 and penalties 95£ for paying less tax. Now, I found where accountant made mistake on calculation.

Now complected situation: I paid total tax for 2010/2011 with self employment and full time employment: £6010, That means HMRC show my income around £36k ,same amount I declared to HO.
if i pay overdue amount today ,does it reflect immediately or it takes 2-3 months to reflect on HMRC?
Is there any way I can confirm about my income for 2010/2011 year tomorrow from HMRC on phone help line as SA032 takes time ? I just had only this year issue after that I have got all five year P60.

Do you think any accountant can see my income and tax paid if i provide NI number? (if so I will do it this first in tomorrow morning)

@ aamirwani:
difference is £2k.
26K -employment salary (2k salary on May10 ,after that i changed my job so rest of year income £24K(June to April)
9652 - self employment income (as software developer)
Accountant forgot to add 2K from previous employment income while adding total income on online self assessment tool.

kirankhalil75

Post by kirankhalil75 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:43 pm

HI

I think you should amend it before applying.
then send it by post

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:52 pm

If your self employed income was reported correctly then HMRC may already have 36k as your annual income. The salary information is responsibility of your employer and this means your earnings may be fine.

Call HMRC and enquire about your total income for 10/11. The over due tax means they already have your correct income. If that's the case then you are good to apply anytime ;) I wish it's the case as this makes it easier for you.

celandine
Newly Registered

Post by celandine » Mon May 09, 2016 12:28 pm

I confirmed with HMRC about my earning today morning. they are seeing correct information on record 36K. So i am safe for describe problem here. I have also confirmed my all 5 years returns.
immediately I found another issue as my tax income for 11/12 was less than 35K as I got bonus every year after financial year so it was not showing on 11/12 April.
First extension : 10/11 - April 2011(earning above >35K) , second extension 12/13 June 2013 -(earning above 45K)
Do we need to show all five years consistent 35K up earning for ILR?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 09, 2016 12:32 pm

celandine wrote: Do we need to show all five years consistent 35K up earning for ILR?
No, but your P60's, SA302's and tax paid to HMRC must all match.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....