ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KingdomMan

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by KingdomMan » Fri May 06, 2016 8:13 pm

jenn_jem wrote:Hello everyone,

Congratulations to everyone that has received their approvals!!

I have a query:

I applied for my Naturalisation on the 8th of August, I sent additional documents required but since the 15th of March, I've been getting;
"Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch
with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division"

My question is how long does the advanced stage take and does anyone know why it's taking so long/what is the advanced stage about?
Many of you will surely get your approvals in the coming days/weeks. Keep calm!

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:10 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
jenn_jem wrote:Hello everyone,

Congratulations to everyone that has received their approvals!!

I have a query:

I applied for my Naturalisation on the 8th of August, I sent additional documents required but since the 15th of March, I've been getting;
"Your application is currently at an advanced stage of processing. While it
is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch
with you as soon as a decision has been reached.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division"

My question is how long does the advanced stage take and does anyone know why it's taking so long/what is the advanced stage about?
Many of you will surely get your approvals in the coming days/weeks. Keep calm!
I say a big amennnn to that Kingdoman! Thanks for all ur moral encouragement and I want to also wanna thank u for ur patience and perseverance cos I can see pple asking u same question over and over and over again and still u keep answering them. The issue of naturalisation has turn some into a zombie even me but I pray today that God will heal our hearts and minds . If truly there was a balm of healing in Gilead. God will heal us all and gve us a testimony to share with our love ones. Kingdom man once again congratulations on ur ceremony! Guess u have applied for ur passport and now a full fledge Irish. May God bless u more.

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:14 pm

Hello everyone. I have applied my cityzenship last july but and now for some reason it was delayed and now they are asking for my visa which i have applied(eustamp4) in last oct that they gave me temporary stamp4 in feb2016 with requested some documents too which i have send already in feb same time and i did extended my visa stamp4 that they gave me for 3 months which is going to expired next week . I emailed to the eu treaty and they said because of too many applications it could take more time. Now the question is that can i go to GNIB Office for temporary stamp or will i wait for the letter for the EU treaty. Si will they give me Temporary stamp due to my visa is expirying soon or will they need letter first from EU TREATY .?
Thanks guys

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Sun May 08, 2016 3:19 pm

dhruv87 wrote:Hello everyone. I have applied my cityzenship last july but and now for some reason it was delayed and now they are asking for my visa which i have applied(eustamp4) in last oct that they gave me temporary stamp4 in feb2016 with requested some documents too which i have send already in feb same time and i did extended my visa stamp4 that they gave me for 3 months which is going to expired next week . I emailed to the eu treaty and they said because of too many applications it could take more time. Now the question is that can i go to GNIB Office for temporary stamp or will i wait for the letter for the EU treaty. Si will they give me Temporary stamp due to my visa is expirying soon or will they need letter first from EU TREATY .?
Thanks guys
I think we both are in same boat. I applied for EUFam Stamp 4 last year in September, they sent me temporary stamp until 22nd of April 2016, I am not asked any additional documents til the date. I am still waiting for my EUFam Stamp 4, meanwhile i went to my local immigration office on 24th of April 2016 and i was granted 3 months stamp. I guess you should go to your local immigration office and at least get 3 months stamp on ur passport.

On the other hand, I applied for citizenship on middle of Feb 2016. I got my 2nd letter on 15th of March, They requested few additional documents, my wife's p60's for last 5 years, letter from her employer and children birth certificates, which i sent them immediately.

I guess i am on advance stage now, after reading your post i am thiniking maybe i should send them a copy of my latest visa and garda card.

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:56 pm

@llvlludi thanks bro thats really helpful. Yea we are in same boat and was checking ur posts and yes u right. You should send new GNIB(visa copy) as soon bro. Befor they ask you.
Now m sure bro that m on final stage but need to give them the copy of new visa that i m waiting but as u said i can go to local GNIB office to renewal. Just want to ask bro will they give me visa even for three month's without any letter from EU that i am waiting. ..and if yes then when should i go i mean before expire my visa or after visa ( how many days before or after).
Now my visa is expiring next week nd even i able to get three months visa then m sure meanwhile i will get approval from INIS.
One thing bro that wt documents should i bring with me to GNIB.
GOOD LUCK to everyone and thanks again Ilvlludi i hope u will get good news before ur visa expire:)

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Sun May 08, 2016 5:07 pm

dhruv87 wrote:@llvlludi thanks bro thats really helpful. Yea we are in same boat and was checking ur posts and yes u right. You should send new GNIB(visa copy) as soon bro. Befor they ask you.
Now m sure bro that m on final stage but need to give them the copy of new visa that i m waiting but as u said i can go to local GNIB office to renewal. Just want to ask bro will they give me visa even for three month's without any letter from EU that i am waiting. ..and if yes then when should i go i mean before expire my visa or after visa ( how many days before or after).
Now my visa is expiring next week nd even i able to get three months visa then m sure meanwhile i will get approval from INIS.
One thing bro that wt documents should i bring with me to GNIB.
GOOD LUCK to everyone and thanks again Ilvlludi i hope u will get good news before ur visa expire:)

Hi Friend,

It's always best to get it done before your visa expire. You can walk into your local immigration office, bring your GNIB card and take your previous correspondence from department of justice, If you are married with EU national, take your wife with you.

In my case, i took correspondence both from Eu treaty right and citizenship department and explained my circumstances briefly to immigration officer. He was happy to assist me and granted 3 months stamp without any hesitation, also advised me if i dont hear from department in 3 months, I should go back to him and he will grant me 3 more months.

I hope it will help you a bit.
!) Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
!) First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
!) 2nd stage letter on August 2016

dhruv87

Post by dhruv87 » Sun May 08, 2016 5:15 pm

Really appreciate bro. I will do same as u said and hopefully they be happy to give me three months visa.
Again thanks bro and good luck to you and i will update my status soon nd will let you know :)

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Mon May 09, 2016 10:48 am

Anyone who got approved. Seems a bit quiet of late and that alone makes me bored and anxious. Most missing in action like Pixie12

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:37 am

Bilbil wrote:Anyone who got approved. Seems a bit quiet of late and that alone makes me bored and anxious. Most missing in action like Pixie12
I'm just being a silent reader at the moment Bilbil :D
Nothing to share on my side, but on my last email to them(april 25) they said its still on the advance stage like most of you guys. Will definitely share it here, once I get an update
regarding my application and I am sure all of us here will. Lets keep our fingers crossed people!!! Goodluck to all of us waiting for that good news.

Deekay
BANNED

Applied by a Solicitor

Post by Deekay » Mon May 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Hey Guys

thanks for all valuable information.
i applied on 26th April through a solicitor. i have been sole trader for years so i thought it better to hire a solicitor to represent my case in good way. My solicitor told me that i have very strong application based on my financial situation and other activities.

i was reading some comments that if we apply through a solicitor Dept respond late.
i am just bit concerned now.
have not got any acknowledgement till today.

Can anyone give any information about it. did i make a mistake applying via a solicitor
i am really very happy the way solicitor presented my application. i could not do it myself

thanks and good luck to all of you guys

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Deekay wrote:Hey Guys

i applied on 26th April through a solicitor. i have been sole trader for years so i thought it better to hire a solicitor to represent my case in good way. My solicitor told me that i have very strong application based on my financial situation and other activities.

i was reading some comments that if we apply through a solicitor Dept respond late.

Can anyone give any information about it. did i make a mistake applying via a solicitor
i am really very happy the way solicitor presented my application. i could not do it myself

You are right, previous posts here show that applications through solicitors take way longer than regular application, I believe that INIS are more suspicious when the application is lodged by a solicitor and they check more red flags than usual....all in all if you have a clean past and you provided all the documents there is no need to worry as you will get your naturalization but it might take a bit longer.

On a side note, I am unsure about what a solicitor will add to any application?? the application itself is straight forward, in case anybody need any help I suggest that you pay a visit to citizeninfo as they are well used to deal with these queries and IMO they can do a better job than a solicitor and for free (Well you can give them a gift once the application has been processed but it's way cheaper than a solicitor)

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Mon May 09, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello Peace2804

Many thanks for reply.
i hired solicitor because of cover letter. As you know that this is really important stage of life and i did not want to take risk. the Solicitor really drafted good few pages cover letter about my overall financial situations, good characters and saved my lots of time. i provided every single doc. i have open a new company in Ireland so i was thinking my case could be better explained by professional that might help Minister to gave a decision.

so its done now :-) i cant change. i have really clean record no offence at all. i hope it will be all fine.
one more question. i can see that you guys ask directly to Dept, can i also ask about my application even if my representative is law firm ?

thanks again for your reply

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon May 09, 2016 7:34 pm

Deekay wrote:Hello Peace2804

Many thanks for reply.
i hired solicitor because of cover letter. As you know that this is really important stage of life and i did not want to take risk. the Solicitor really drafted good few pages cover letter about my overall financial situations, good characters and saved my lots of time. i provided every single doc. i have open a new company in Ireland so i was thinking my case could be better explained by professional that might help Minister to gave a decision.

so its done now :-) i cant change. i have really clean record no offence at all. i hope it will be all fine.
one more question. i can see that you guys ask directly to Dept, can i also ask about my application even if my representative is law firm ?

thanks again for your reply
Your post here is quite impressive and your application should have a smooth ride to the approval stage in no time. Solicitor or no solicitor, if all residency conditions are met, you should get an approval soon and you can in the meantime directly ask the department for an update on your application by best via email to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie and you'd always get an almost instant response to your queries but remember to always quote your full details: names, address and application reference. Good luck to you.

KingdomMan

Re: Applied by a Solicitor

Post by KingdomMan » Mon May 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Deekay wrote:Hey Guys

Irish naturalisation application is made so simple and straight forward and really no need to go through a solicitor but if one can afford the services of a solicitor for any reason whatsoever, it's all good. Like myself, I made my applications through a solicitor for reasons best known to me. Again, you don't have to be concerned about an acknowledgement of your application as it now takes an average of 2 - 4 weeks to get acknowledgement/fee reciept from the INIS and such would only be communicated through your solicitors for onward communication to you by your solicitor and it could take an additional days/week. Good luck!

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Mon May 09, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi Kingdom Man

Many thanks for you reply and initiative too.

All the information make sense. i will be posting my case progress sothat we can track what happens when apply through a solicitor. in General i provided all doc and meet all requirements also my 5 year stay was based on Eufem stamp 4 so i also applied for LTR through same solicitor.

i came across this post after i applied. Overall very good information shared by all members.

Good Luck to everyone

xbox
Newly Registered

Post by xbox » Mon May 09, 2016 10:56 pm

Hi Guys,

Need some advise regarding wife's application,
based on 5 year residence
applied last week of September 2015,
9th October 1st stage letter,
29 October 2nd stage letter,
Awaiting for approval

Recently sent email and got very quick response stating Advanced Stage.

Her passport is going to expire on 01/08/2016
She renewed the GNIB on 05/05/2016 (expiry date is 07/05/2016) she got only until 01/07/2016 (one month before passport expiry). I sent the copies of these to INIS today.

Now the messy part is here:

Incase she got approval letter and sent the fee etc before 1st July but no ceremony until September, she is going to live without valid passport and GNIB until the ceremony. Is it ok ?

For applying Irish Passport does she need to send 'valid non Irish passport' along with passport application?

"The next day of Citizenship Ceremonies is scheduled for sometime in Autumn 2016. Details will be published here when confirmed" as posted in INIS website http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Citizenship

I believe Autumn starts in September, means no ceremony until then?????

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon May 09, 2016 11:17 pm

xbox wrote:Hi Guys,

Awaiting for approval

She renewed the GNIB on 05/05/2016 (expiry date is 07/05/2016) she got only until 01/07/2016 (one month before passport expiry). I sent the copies of these to INIS today.

Incase she got approval letter and sent the fee etc before 1st July but no ceremony until September, she is going to live without valid passport and GNIB until the ceremony. Is it ok ?

For applying Irish Passport does she need to send 'valid non Irish passport' along with passport application?

"The next day of Citizenship Ceremonies is scheduled for sometime in Autumn 2016. Details will be published here when confirmed" as posted in INIS website http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Citizenship

Hi, when applying for Irish passport we must submit the original one from home country and I'm not sure they would accept an expired one

About next ceremony, in Ireland Autumn starts on August 1st! It is the tradition
So it could well be early August rather than late September

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon May 09, 2016 11:18 pm

xbox wrote:Hi Guys,

Awaiting for approval

Can she renew her passport here in Ireland?

xbox
Newly Registered

Post by xbox » Mon May 09, 2016 11:42 pm

Thanks jumanufer, yes she can renew here but it will take around 8 to 10 weeks. I want to make sure do they accept expired passport or not.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Tue May 10, 2016 4:13 am

xbox wrote:Thanks jumanufer, yes she can renew here but it will take around 8 to 10 weeks. I want to make sure do they accept expired passport or not.

ask them in Twitter directly @passportIRL

green2016

Post by green2016 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:49 am

Hi any updates from some one who applied for passport after 26th April ceremony, what stage is your application is , and which date you applied?

Thank you
Green

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Tue May 10, 2016 12:26 pm

Hello Green

i applied exactly on 26th April via solicitor
not update at all till today. Not even acknowledgement letter.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:19 pm

I emailed them again today. Just to know where my application is at and to know when can I expect for a correspondence.
They told me on the email that its on the advance stage and should expect a letter within 3/4 weeks.
Have to wait for it for a month now(hopefully less). Lets see how it goes. Keeping my fingers that it is an approval letter. Goodluck to all of us waiting.xx

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:56 pm

pixie12 wrote:I emailed them again today. Just to know where my application is at and to know when can I expect for a correspondence.
They told me on the email that its on the advance stage and should expect a letter within 3/4 weeks.
Have to wait for it for a month now(hopefully less). Lets see how it goes. Keeping my fingers that it is an approval letter. Goodluck to all of us waiting.xx
That's some very good news pixie12, I believe you applied during the end of January, so overall, if the letter you will receive in 3/4 weeks is the approval letter (which I believe it is) then the entire process took around 5 months which is not bad at all.
Next ceremony will defo take place in August/early September so the first big batch of approvals are going to be sent 2 months prior to the ceremony, that means early June :D .

Peace2804
Newly Registered

Post by Peace2804 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:02 pm

green2016 wrote:Hi any updates from some one who applied for passport after 26th April ceremony, what stage is your application is , and which date you applied?

Thank you
Green
Hi green2016, I applied for my passport on the 26th of April straight after the ceremony, I got in touch with the passport office twice via twitter but I am getting generic replies, I believe it's due to the fact that my passport application is at its early stages (stage 2 at the moment) and they don't have any valuable information to share with me.

The target issue date is the 18th of this month but the turnaround time for first time passports is 24 working days.

Many of my Irish friends told me that the passport stays on stage 2 for few weeks, once it moves to the third stage then it's a matter of days only before it's printed and sent by post.

I will be curious to know your timeline and details as well if you don't mind :).