ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Dependent Applying Separately for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spiky
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Dependent Applying Separately for ILR

Post by spiky » Sat May 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Hello,

I have searched the forum as much as I can, but cannot find a comprehensive answer to the queries on the topic and hence my request to the forum members. Please feel free to point me to an earlier post (if it exists)... otherwise, any help you can provide would be really appreciated.

Me, my wife and son have been living in the UK for over 6 years. I moved from a Tier-1(G) to ILR recently, and would now like to apply for my wife and son. My understanding is that my wife and son should be completing the Set(O) application form with my wife is the main applicant, and my son as dependent. Is that correct?

Also, could you confirm if the sections to be completed on the form are as below?

Section 1: Applicant's details - This would be my wife's details.
Section 2: Dependants who are applying
- Partner's details: to be left blank (as I have already secured my ILR)
- Child's details: from section 2.8 to be filled with my son's details
Section 3: Which category?
Should this be Tier-1 dependant?
Section 4: Knowledge of Language and Life
Complete this as the main applicant, or to be clear, under the 'You' section and not 'Your Partner'
Section 5: Your home and finances
We are currently living in a rented property. My wife is not earning. We do not claim any benefits.
So, how do we fill these?
5.2 - Do you or your partner pay any rent? Yes.
5.3 - Are you working in the UK? No (because my wife is not working) - or should we say Yes to this on the basis that I'm working and the sole earning member?
5.4 - Does a relative of you or your partner or both of you regularly give you money? No (but, should my wife say that I am contributing to our living expenses here?)
5.6 - Sources of income - fill the details of my income here?
Section 6: Immigration History
Is this the immigration history of my wife?
If yes, is my understanding correct that we do not provide any evidence of her absences from UK as she is only applying as a dependant?
Section 7: Personal History
Fill details as appropriate (of course, its No all the way through for us)
Section 8: Photographs
Submit as per guidance
Section 9: Tier 1 points scoring assessment
This section need not be completed as my wife is applying as a Tier-1 dependant
Section 10, 11, 12 etc... about travel documents
Provide details of wife and son in relevant sections

Is my understanding correct? Any guidance would be really helpful.

Many thanks in anticipation!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-1 Dependent Applying Separately for ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun May 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Your assumption is correct. The form relates to the applicant, not to you as you hold ILR already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spiky
Newly Registered

Post by spiky » Sun May 08, 2016 8:44 pm

Thank you @CR001.

So, what should I enter in 5.3 and 5.4 sections?

5.3 - Are you working in the UK?
No, because my wife is not working?

5.4 - Does a relative of you or your partner or both of you regularly give you money?
Should this be NO or YES? I was thinking NO because I read the question as asking whether a friend or relative is giving us money. But, if I answer NO, there is no more options for me to show that someone else is earning in the family. On that basis, should this be YES?

aaatech
- thin ice -

Post by aaatech » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi Spiky

have you applied for your dependents? any challenges or advise for me? was your form question/answer assumption correct as per previous post?
thanks