ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

softy monster
Algeria

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by softy monster » Sat May 07, 2016 9:47 am

Exactly this is what I said too the other day, it's nothing to do his/her religious name! Its just matter of 6 months waiting time and u have to stick to that before start panicking

Be cool and wait for an answer! Good luck
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

belegurth

Post by belegurth » Sat May 07, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi everyone,

my friend I had her residence permit 5 years ago and it will be expiring in this june. Now she applying to PR card.we called home office and we ve been told that she needs to apply with her husband as her husband(lithuanian citizen) havent got any PR before. So in this case she is now filling double forms but we have a really important question

Home office said they should fill two separate forms, however when you check the form it is obvious that an EEA national can apply for themselves and can include their family members. Do they need to fill two forms for applying or her husband can fill one form and fill out the relevant sections about her would be enough???? thanks a lot!

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Sat May 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Tony2015 wrote:That's my updated timeline.

-Application sent: 01/04/2016
-Received by HO: 04/04/2016
-Application fee (credit card): 12/04/2016
-Confirmation email: Still Waiting

Today have near 4 weeks after the payment be cleared and still no news about the confirmation email.
It is normal taking this time ? someone on the same waiting time ?
Hi,

Yes, pretty much 4-5 weeks its the time between the payment and the confirmation email. I don't think you should worry at this stage.

Below is my timeline:

Posted: 29/03/2016
Received : 30/03/2016
Payment taken 05/04/2016
Confirmation email: 26/04/2016

johanek
Newly Registered

Post by johanek » Sat May 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Thought I'd share my timeline as I've been following this board for a while as I've prepared to apply for EEA3. I got my passport back today, and not a moment too soon, as I have plenty of summer travel to plan.

Documents sent: 21/03/2016
Documents received: 23/03/2016
Payment taken: 30/03/2016
Requested passport returned: 15/04/2016
Confirmation email received: 19/04/2016
Passport received: 07/05/2016
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated:
Document Certifying Permanent Residence received:

I don't have a Muslim sounding name, but I'm not sure it's relevant?

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Sat May 07, 2016 11:11 pm

No it's not relevant at all..
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17

ak2
Newly Registered

Post by ak2 » Sun May 08, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi everyone,
As i plan to apply for PR card, i wanted to ask some questions about EEA(pr) form which not always is clear to me. Will appreciate your help.

Section 1 - Applicants details
in 1.3 They want my full name as shown in passport, - is that my name, my 2nd name and my surname (as it is in my passport) or just my 1st name and surname ? Because next in 1.4 they ask for surname but one page earlier, in Payment details they also want "Full name as given in your passport" ?

Section 9
A temporary incapacity - do i have to fill this if i couldnt work for 3 or 4 weeks due to legs pain ?
B i started working in uk in january 2010 but didnt register to WRS (Im from one of EU8), im emplyed by the same company i was when i started and 1 may 2016 is the earliest date i can apply.
in 9.18 in "Date unauthorised work ended" should i put 30 april 2011 (WRS wasnot needed from that day) or leave it empty as i still work there( its just not 'work without permission') ?

And last one -do you think is it better to enclose any documents(bank stats,bills etc) for the year(2010) before these 5 continous years even if i didnt had that WRS ?

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:34 am

johanek wrote:Thought I'd share my timeline as I've been following this board for a while as I've prepared to apply for EEA3. I got my passport back today, and not a moment too soon, as I have plenty of summer travel to plan.

Yes relevant ! You will get it sooner then if you had a muslim name. Within 6 weeks instead of 6 months

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon May 09, 2016 12:42 am

beaujam90 wrote:
johanek wrote:Thought I'd share my timeline as I've been following this board for a while as I've prepared to apply for EEA3. I got my passport back today, and not a moment too soon, as I have plenty of summer travel to plan.

Yes relevant ! You will get it sooner then if you had a muslim name. Within 6 weeks instead of 6 months
This is not a line of reasoning that appears productive or constructive to follow in such a topic.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Mon May 09, 2016 9:35 am

ak2 wrote:Hi everyone,
As i plan to apply for PR card, i wanted to ask some questions about EEA(pr) form which not always is clear to me. Will appreciate your help.

Section 1 - Applicants details
in 1.3 They want my full name as shown in passport, - is that my name, my 2nd name and my surname (as it is in my passport) or just my 1st name and surname ? Because next in 1.4 they ask for surname but one page earlier, in Payment details they also want "Full name as given in your passport" ?

Section 9
A temporary incapacity - do i have to fill this if i couldnt work for 3 or 4 weeks due to legs pain ?
B i started working in uk in january 2010 but didnt register to WRS (Im from one of EU8), im emplyed by the same company i was when i started and 1 may 2016 is the earliest date i can apply.
in 9.18 in "Date unauthorised work ended" should i put 30 april 2011 (WRS wasnot needed from that day) or leave it empty as i still work there( its just not 'work without permission') ?

And last one -do you think is it better to enclose any documents(bank stats,bills etc) for the year(2010) before these 5 continous years even if i didnt had that WRS ?
Hi,

When I filled in my form I wrote exactly as requested.
1.3 Full name as on my identity card including surname, first and middle name

1.4 only my surname
Payment: the full name : surname, first and middle name.

What do you mean you couldn't work for a few weeks? Were you on medical? If so, this shouldn't be an issues. You need anyway a letter from the employer for each period /job you had and as far as I know the medical leave is irrelevant.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon May 09, 2016 9:48 am

beaujam90 wrote: Yes relevant ! You will get it sooner then if you had a muslim name. Within 6 weeks instead of 6 months
Please stop now, it's getting really boring. Pretty much every single one of your posts so far is implying that the Home Office is dearly beloved. Nobody knows why your application is taking so long; perhaps it is a complex case. Who knows?

Also I don't believe there is even such a thing as a "Muslim name". One of my best friends is a Muslim and he is British and his name is Dave.

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Mon May 09, 2016 10:14 am

beaujam90 wrote: Yes relevant ! You will get it sooner then if you had a muslim name. Within 6 weeks instead of 6 months
None it's 6 weeks. In the last 6 months minimum is 8 weeks.
I don't have a Muslim name. Almost 11 weeks for me.
What should I start to blame? My Italian nationality? Home Office case worker doesn't like Italians?
No, maybe I should blame the fact that I have lost my payslips, P60 and proof of address at the end of 2012 so I submitted poor documents for 2012, 2011 and 2010 and it may take time for them to confirm them.

Am I wrong if I said you that you have been in UK for 30 years? Maybe it takes time to go back to 1986.

I repeat, you did not get a refusal, some how your application is on hold for some reason. Waiting for documents of the 90s perhaps?
See the positive, in 20 days finally you will be able to find out what happened. It's better than a refusal.
Stop playing beloved card.
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Mon May 09, 2016 10:19 am

VinGam wrote:
None it's 6 weeks. In the last 6 months minimum is 8 weeks.
I don't have a Muslim name. Almost 11 weeks for me.
What should I start to blame? My Italian nationality? Home Office case worker doesn't like Italians?
No, maybe I should blame the fact that I have lost my payslips, P60 and proof of address at the end of 2012 so I submitted poor documents for 2012, 2011 and 2010 and it may take time for them to confirm them.

Am I wrong if I said you that you have been in UK for 30 years? Maybe it takes time to go back to 1986.

I repeat, you did not get a refusal, some how your application is on hold for some reason. Waiting for documents of the 90s perhaps?
See the positive, in 20 days finally you will be able to find out what happened. It's better than a refusal.
Stop playing beloved card.

YES YES Home Office case worker doesn't like Italians

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Mon May 09, 2016 10:21 am

Ciaocico wrote:YES YES Home Office case worker doesn't like Italians
ahahah :lol: :lol: :lol:

How's going your case? You sent the original documents now, isn't it?
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

Mai1122
Newly Registered

Post by Mai1122 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:18 am

Hi everyone
I am non eea married to an eea. Both me and my spouse already have got permanent residence. Last year I applied for my sister, non eea, came and lived with us. She was 13 and got 5 years residence card as eea family member. She is in education at the moment.
My question is
1. Does she need to obtain comprehensive health insurance for future permanent application?
2. As our parents are living abroad, I am my sister ' sponsor in the UK
In case me and my partner will not be together, can I still sponsor my sister to stay and apply for her permanent residency in 4 years time?
( she got her residence card b4 I obtained my permanent stay)

Any advice or guide are very much appreciated. Thank you for all the support valuably from forum members.
Mai

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Wed May 11, 2016 11:28 am

I posted my PR application on 19/4, it was received on 20/4. They took the payment on 26/4 but I have not yet received an acknowledgement email? I would like to ask my passport back but as I don't have a ref nr yet, how can I ask this back?
Also, I added a SD prepaid envelope to return all. I think I should have included 2 of these if I want first my passport an later my file back. Can I still post them a prepaid envelope?
Thanks
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm

hellothere19 wrote:I posted my PR application on 19/4, it was received on 20/4. They took the payment on 26/4 but I have not yet received an acknowledgement email? I would like to ask my passport back but as I don't have a ref nr yet, how can I ask this back?
Also, I added a SD prepaid envelope to return all. I think I should have included 2 of these if I want first my passport an later my file back. Can I still post them a prepaid envelope?
Thanks
No need to give them prepaid envelopes.

Also the confirmation email will probably reach you 4-5 weeks after they received the application.

DanaBanana
Newly Registered

Post by DanaBanana » Wed May 11, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi all

I finally send my application on Friday the 6th and was received on Monday.

HO tried to take payment this morning but the bank ( Nationwide) declined the payment under the suspicion of fraud (?).

What we did so far : we called the bank to see what happened and they said that HO need to try again.
Called HO immigration line and was told by a not very confident call operator that i should send a letter to the same address and explain what happened and to try again.

Do you have any idea if they just going to send me the papers back home or are they going to try again? I will send the letter as well but don't know if it's going to get there in time. :?

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:25 pm

hellothere19 wrote:I posted my PR application on 19/4, it was received on 20/4. They took the payment on 26/4 but I have not yet received an acknowledgement email? I would like to ask my passport back but as I don't have a ref nr yet, how can I ask this back?
Thanks

envelope?
Thanks[/quote]

Hello there19, i Still waiting for My acknowledgement email .
Yesterday I asked my lawyer to request my passport back . He said that is not problem I request my passport back . He said will use the Royal Mail tracking number to request my passport back . Is taking some time to receive this acknowledgement email.
My updated timeline.

-Confirmation email: Still Waiting (4 weeks waiting after payment)
-Requested passport back : 09/05/16

nicelady190
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nicelady190 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:30 pm

DanaBanana wrote:Hi all

HO tried to take payment this morning but the bank ( Nationwide) declined the payment under the suspicion of fraud (?).

What we did so far : we called the bank to see what happened and they said that HO need to try again.
Called HO immigration line and was told by a not very confident call operator that i should send a letter to the same address and explain what happened and to try again.

Do you have any idea if they just going to send me the papers back home or are they going to try again? I will send the letter as well but don't know if it's going to get there in time. :?

They won't try again but send back the whole application with a letter informing you to provide another payment method. Same thing happened to my mum application, her bank declined the payment and HO return her application back to her.

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:32 pm

My updated timeline.

-Confirmation email: Still Waiting (4 weeks waiting after payment)
-Requested passport back : 09/05/16

I asked my lawyer to request my passport back on 09/05/16. He said that is not problem I request my passport back . He said will use the Royal Mail tracking number to request my passport back . Looks like they are very busy, because Is taking some time to receive this acknowledgement email.

DanaBanana
Newly Registered

Post by DanaBanana » Wed May 11, 2016 1:44 pm

nicelady190 wrote:
DanaBanana wrote:Hi all

They won't try again but send back the whole application with a letter informing you to provide another payment method. Same thing happened to my mum application, her bank declined the payment and HO return her application back to her.
Thanks Nicelady. Can you remember how long it took them to send the papers back? I'm hopping they are going to receive the letter tomorrow if I post it today using next day delivery service.

nicelady190
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nicelady190 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:19 pm

About 4weeks after we applied for her

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:28 pm

salmintin wrote:
Thanks
No need to give them prepaid envelopes.

Also the confirmation email will probably reach you 4-5 weeks after they received the application.

Thanks, I will wait a while longer, they must be inundated now before the referendum
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British

new.citizen
Newly Registered

Post by new.citizen » Wed May 11, 2016 4:52 pm

new.citizen wrote:EEA(PR): Document certifying permanent residence.

Application Sent Special Delivery: 11/04/2016
Delivered to DURHAM: 12/04/2016
£65 Payment Debited: 15/04/2016
Confirmation E-mail: 11/05/2016

It said my case could take up to 6 months but I guess it's just a standard automated reply?

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Wed May 11, 2016 6:05 pm

new.citizen wrote:
new.citizen wrote:EEA(PR): Document certifying permanent residence.

Application Sent Special Delivery: 11/04/2016
Delivered to DURHAM: 12/04/2016
£65 Payment Debited: 15/04/2016
Confirmation E-mail: 11/05/2016

It said my case could take up to 6 months but I guess it's just a standard automated reply?
For EEA citizens it typically takes 2 months or slightly above that, though there are exceptions.