ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marupa

Post by marupa » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:10 am

Hi Lion,

I too called them today. I asked about the status of my application. She said as many of the case workers were on vacation during the holiday season, there has been a huge backlog.
I asked her as to when I can expect a decision. She told I can give a call next week.

So now the waiting continues. Real bad time I decided to apply!!

Just on the lighter side, one of astrologer friends said that I will get my Visa on the 2nd week of Jan. As I don't believe in astrology , I told him that applied on 23rd November I am sure to receive the visa in the mid or max 3rd week of Dec. Looks like his words are coming true!!

Marupa

lion686

Post by lion686 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:14 am

Pavankeerthi,

Congrats man, now then you are out of the waiting list..Enjoy i would say this is real new year for you.. :P ..have fun dude...

marupa,

Dont panic, after speaking to the BDHC am sort of relaxed and can visualise somthing to happen this weekend or next week first..Also the big thing is the Integra report is done quite back on 12 dec..which seems to be so annoying lik why they take this much time after this verification..anyways i want a worthy result for all this waiting... :twisted:

all de best to all others..
Lion

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:24 am

congrats pavankeerthi

Lion and Marupa - i applied at VFS bangalore on 28th december- almost 4 weeks after the two of you i think.

expecting integra screening to happen this week at office i think.

what is the email id you both used to mail BHC chennai , please do let me know. Of course , i would wait till the 15 working days are over before mailing.

All the very very best to both of you and others on this thread.

lion686

Post by lion686 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:33 am

Vidya,

You can email them at - Chennai.Visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk

Its too early for you to worry about decision, but am sure your integra should take place in this week.just keep the HR or concerned notified..al de best..
Lion

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:20 am

Just a little query...after EC application/submission when can you expect the INTEGRA verification? I wanted know the timelines for INTEGRA checks...

lion686

Post by lion686 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:36 am

Achtung,

The integra verification took place for me on the 4th working day & hope it is the case with others too by seeing some of the posts. so 3-6 days could be the time line for Integra to contact the employer..
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

whew...

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:38 am

From this mail,its very much obvious that even if integra verification is over,they are taking pretty long time to send the verification report to BHC .I got my integra call on 21st december and when i sent email today regarding the status to BHC,i got this reply-

Thank you for your e-mail.

You may wish to note that we are awaiting your verification report from
Integra. A decision will be made on receiving the same.

Yours truly,

Casework Section

God knows what these integra people are doing!

lion686

Post by lion686 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:42 am

venkatesh.balakumar,

In my case its strange even..Integra verification done on 7th dec & i confirmed that the BHC had got report on 12th dec...Its taking more than 12 working days to decide even after they got the report...i doubt now wht the BHC is doing.. :twisted:
Lion

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:48 am

venkatesh.balakumar,

Please note that Integra doesn't only do employee verification...they check your documents with the University also. And I bet most universities won't get back to the Integra mails in the first week. Hence the delay after the employer gets the integra call.

lion686 ,

Now that's something that is closed in that Black Box called BHC. No one knows what are they tryin to hatch by sitting on our papers.

I went to US embassy in September for visa stamping. In case of an approval you get the passport in 24 hrs. In case of rejection they throw the passport on your face right in the interview. So no waiting or panic. Agreed that its takes a week to a month to schedule US visa interview but still US Visa process doesn't involve this nerve-cracking uncertainity.

india2uk
Newly Registered

anybody applied Visa on 12th of December

Post by india2uk » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:51 am

Hi Guys,

I have submitted my Visa apllication on 12 th december at Bangalore. My HR got the call on 18th of December. after that i have mailed BHC four times no reply.

Please let me know if anybody applied on the same day got the VISA.

Regards,

india2uk
Newly Registered

anybody applied Visa on 12th of December from Bangalore

Post by india2uk » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:52 am

Hi Guys,

I have submitted my Visa apllication on 12 th december at Bangalore. My HR got the call on 18th of December. after that i have mailed BHC four times no reply.

Please let me know if anybody applied on the same day got the VISA.

Regards,

lion686

Post by lion686 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:54 am

india2uk,

Go thru this thread you will find many ahead of you are still waiting ..so just sit back an relax buddy..even i sent 4 mails and dint get any reply..for your satisfaction just call BHC chennai @ 044-42192151 to find if they have some other information.. :wink:
Lion

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:57 am

hi flytouk,

dont worry - the delay is only bcos of all the holidays in the interim - after december 18th - only 4 to 5 working days were there for BHC and VFS.

They are now having a backlog of 2-3 weeks applications due to all holidays

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:01 pm

i see ..but CD,as far as i enquired they just have a list of universities which are called NARIC and if our degree certificate bears its name from the university listed on it,they straightly finish off with employers ..these folks are interested only on one thing and thats money-just to be doubly sure that they need not shell out money to feed us from their public funds.lol..only for that they go for all salary slip details,employer details,do background checks etc...whatever it is..waiting for this visa is mind boggling...and for lion..i guess BHC is still caught up with the festive euphoria!! Pray god,that they shouldnt have made paper decorations for Christmas tree using our documentations..lol

india2uk
Newly Registered

Post by india2uk » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi Lion,

Today afternoon i calledup BHC and they told me to callup tommorow morning. let me try tommorow morning.

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi Forum,

My timelines so far:

Applied at Pune VFS: 20th December
Received Integra call: 02nd Jan. my office rcvd a call and email
Status says: Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 20 Dec 2007.

Regards
Vishalsunr
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

lion686

Post by lion686 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:09 pm

Venkatesh

paper decorations for Christmas tree using our documentations..lol ---Good one, i wont be surprised if this happens.Always BHC & VFS have a good reputation in acting stupid..

Back logs---Its the easiest way to escape the issue...when the VFS had worked only 4-5 days in last 3 weeks how can there be a huge back log??? is that BHC gets application even when VFS don work??...we indian blame the government services for being lame at work...but BHC proves that they stand way ahead of our government workers..Now i can feel where from our goverment officials got the laziness..it all had started before 1947 itslef when the british had ruled us.. :evil: :roll:
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

lion..u r right!

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Even i kept wondering how there will be a huge backlog if there's no submission of applications..I guess these folks would have piled up all application files in the cup board coz of this festive mood..and regarding BHC's working hours..its just till 3 pm daily...just see this.. chennai BHC "Opening Hours: Monday to Friday: 0900-1300 and 1330-1500" Mumbai BHC - "Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 0830-1330.' lol.. We need to slog ourselves with all overtime things to show required bank balances but these fellows who work till 1.30 pm only will just look at it for half a minute and accept or reject it based on their mood swings..very funny!!!

marupa

Post by marupa » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi venkatesh.balakumar and Lion,

Just an how there was backlog. When I called BHC today, they specifically mentioned that some case workers were on vacation and hence there is a huge backlog!!

So maybe some caseworkers just left to the UK before X-mas and might have just returned. I see thats the reason why some of applications are processed while others have not.

I think my application had gone to a case worker , who has gone on a loooooooooong leave! Too bad :( :(

marupa

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi marupa,
dont worry..lets hope for the best.may this new year throw up some light of hope for us! guess what,even if u call vfs for the status,they just look into the website (which is useless and will have the same status of 'forwarded to the BHC" even after u receive ur EC) and are saying the same status to us. :!:

lion686

Post by lion686 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:29 pm

marupa,

good justification on BHC..i appreciate your loyalty towards them :lol: ...let them approve your EC for this matter.jus kidding..duno wt to type as so much tension around ths eC.. :roll:
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:44 pm

mm..anyways i have showed my hotel accommodation proof from 26th Jan ..and i plan to start on 25th..hope BHC shows some concern on our applications and gives the EC before that!! Else i need to cancel it. Grr.. The only good thing i did was,i forgot to fill up my current employment id in the Integra form(funny that,vfs executive went through it 4 times and then asked to take a copy of it and rechecked it,but still dint see that missing column),so the integra fellows called up to ask what was it on 21st..only by that means i came to know that my application has reached integra!! :shock:

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:31 pm

Another question on my EC...
U see I am little worried as my wait for the EC has started and all set for a long wait.....Huh!
Ok so I had ask my family friend to sponsor me...in the sense that he had given all his docs...his pay slips, bank statements, P60, house registration papers, blah blah blah...in the form VAF2 in the Sponsor section I had put all his details...but when I went to VFS office...the lady who took my form said that it is not required to put my sponsors details over there..and she rubbed it out...

Do you guys have faced a similar situation...you invaluable comments are required!!!

marupa

Post by marupa » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Achtung,

The Sponsor column is only for dependents to put the main applicants details there.

marupa

rizs4u
Newly Registered

Post by rizs4u » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi Forum..

Following are my time lines

Applied for EC from bangalore- 18-Dec-07
Integra screening- 31-Dec-07

After going through this thread looks like its gonna be a long wait :( . But lets hope for the best.. :wink:

Cheerz..