ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Temp Stamp 4 running out, what to do about work?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luiner
Newly Registered

EU1 Temp Stamp 4 running out, what to do about work?

Post by luiner » Mon May 09, 2016 9:56 pm

Hi guys,

I've been reading the forum quite avidly for the better part of the day today, I know that people are going through similar cases as mine and I'm trying to come to grips with the reality of my decision not being reached by the deadline (which is tomorrow 10/05/16), but I wanted to ask something that I haven't seen yet, currently my GNIB temp stamp 4 will expire on 09/06/16 and I have recently signed a contract to start working on 16/05, obviously the company will most likely sack me if I don't have an appropriate visa to support my permission to work legally in the country, now, my question is, what can I do, aside from bombarding their inbox from whence I will most likely get the message template with my different dates of application and decision and all that, would I be able to request an extension on my Stamp 4 to work legally and thus not lose the first decent job I've had since my arrival to the country?

I'd like to thank in advance to anyone who takes the time to read it and I thank thrice as much to anyone who replies.

Kind regards,

Luiner A.

Mbgggg
Newly Registered

Re: EU1 Temp Stamp 4 running out, what to do about work?

Post by Mbgggg » Mon May 09, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi,
I emailed to the department and asked if they can extend my temporary stamp 4 while I'm waiting for a decision. They replied that Temp stamp 4 can't be extended. At the same time, when I asked them about updates they answered the will contact me as soon as my decision will be ready and I can continue to live and work in the State. This is so tricky ... how to continue my employment without a valid GNIB card. Unfortunately, we can't do anything in this situation but keep waiting.Things like these never happen to spouses of Irish Citizens. The friend of mine got her Stamp 4 one year card just a few days after her wedding ceremony.
You can still email them and explain your situation. Usually they reply in 2-3 hours.

luiner
Newly Registered

Post by luiner » Tue May 10, 2016 12:40 am

So in my/our case, what do you do? Lose the job? I ask because (even though I haven't ask them) I really doubt any serious company would put up with working off of an email

Dublinhope

Post by Dublinhope » Tue May 10, 2016 1:09 am

luiner wrote:So in my/our case, what do you do? Lose the job? I ask because (even though I haven't ask them) I really doubt any serious company would put up with working off of an email
as long as you you have submitted on time and waiting for 5 years visa.that is fine even though your temp gnib card expires ,you can work until get news from INIS,
that,s not your fault.
just tell you employer that your visa is in holding in INIS.Show them email as well
also update please when you get your EU1? my wife ,s decision date is also 12 th of may but it might take another 4weeks or more

thats my opinion