ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online British Passport Status Update

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Online British Passport Status Update

Post by lynxukauq » Mon May 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Sent the declaration form on last Thursday (05/05) by special delivery, which was received next day Friday.

Today is Monday and the online status is still saying "waiting for information from applicant".

Can someone please advise in your experiencing how long did it take to change the status to next stage.

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online British Passport Status Update

Post by CR001 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:39 pm

And there was a weekend inbetween HMPO receiving it and you posting to find out how long the status takes to change.

Suggest wait a couple of days and then check the status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Mon May 09, 2016 1:21 pm

Thanks for your response.

Yes you are correct there was a weekend in between.

I was just wondering people who have applied, if they could share their experience..

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Mon May 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Just checked the status has now been changed to "Declaration form received, being processed"

1kiril
BANNED

Post by 1kiril » Mon May 09, 2016 10:42 pm

Just stop panicking and chill.

MarketBuy
Newly Registered

Post by MarketBuy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Thought it would be worth sharing my experience applying for my first UK Passport (British by descent) from abroad.

Applied online on May 28. Completed online portion and printed out the customized PDF that includes the declaration form.

Filled in the particulars and had my countersignatory sign his portion / sign one of the pictures.

Countersignatory holds a valid UK passport, living here in Canada. So I asked him as he falls under the 'Manager of a VAT Registered Company' category.

Couriered the full package back to HMPO on June 01 via DHL two day delivery service. Signed for in Durham on June 03.

The very next day, later in the evening, the online status changed to "Declaration form received, being processed".

Four days later, on June 07, status has changed to Dispatched.

Not believing that it could possibly have run the full course in nine days, I called the Passport Advice Line who confirmed that yes, 100% it has been dispatched.

Countersignatory was not contacted nor was an interview requested.

Will update when the passport arrives but given the various horror stories and complaints, just wanted to give some reason for hope for those of you wondering about the online application service. Follow the directions and hope for the best I suppose.