ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Imp Question About Extension (FLR)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gps

Imp Question About Extension (FLR)

Post by gps » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:11 pm

I was reading the HSMP document of HO and I saw one imp point regd extension after first 12 months -

"It will usually be expected that you will be lawfully economically active when you apply to extend your stay in the UK under the program. However if you are unable to put your business or employment plans into operation we will expect you to provide evidence that you taken all reasonable steps to become lawfully economically active"

I got my HSMP EC in 28th Aug it is valid till 28th Aug 2005, but I could not go to UK till now due to family situation. I was planning to go to UK in Jan but due to some family situation I can't go to UK till April first week now.

1) I will find job in UK in April and hope to start job in May first week. I will have max 3 months till my 12 month ends.

2) I have to send my aplication for extension around 30 days before the expire, (according to the HSMP document of HO), why many people written that it should be around 2 months before.

3) So I can work May,June,July only three months before I send my applications. I will surely get good job (around GBP 40K/year). I can transfer around 5K-8K GBP from my indian account to UK account.

4) Do HO see my earnings in UK or they will consider my total UK bank balance (which I will transfer from India) ?

Pl let me know if I will be able to get 3 years extension. I will be having good job at the time of extension and I will have good bank balance also. what are my chances of extension.

I will highly appreciate any reaply from the people who already got extension and their imp dates (EC start date,UK Landing date, Job start date, Extension applied date)

Thanks

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:42 pm

wowww gps.....i got the point now.....nobody can well aware than you that how much time we can consume after getting EC.
Good luck...it seems you will not face any problem in Uk if you successfully satisfy the EC officer at the port.
A minor suggestion from me is.....please have a business plan before leaving your home country, it will be positively help you in future.

dokwal
BANNED

Post by dokwal » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:20 pm

you can still try your luck without taking much risk

market is bad but after though period things r bright

cheers

regards

gps

Post by gps » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:32 pm

Thanks Mobig, My situation is like that & I can't go now. I can go either in April or I have to apply HSMP again .
May I face any problem at the port of entry, Do they ask why you didn't come to UK till now or these questions will be asked at the time of FLR.
Did any one face situation like me before.

Regadrs,

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:31 pm

Hello gps,
as per me you should not find have any problem when you land here in UK.
If you are in software the market is very good right now and getting better day by day.
But if you are earning a very good income in your country then think just think one more time if you really wanna come here. For some years its allright, but for staying my full life till I die here I can't.

aj77

Post by aj77 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:00 am

keep this thing in mind that you need to stay three and half years out of 4 years in UK to apply for ILR.As you are already coming after 9 months I am afraid how can you qualify for ILR if even you get Extension for 3 years.And this point can be considered while extending for next 3 years

gps

Post by gps » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:10 pm

Hi rckybhardwaj, Thanks for ur advice.
I want to be in UK for few years (around 3-4) only and not for rest of my life.
At the port of entry may I face any problem ?

Hi Aj77, I think one can apply for ILR after staying 4 years there and not 3.5, So as of today there are around 50% of HSMP who could stay correct 4 years and can directly apply for ILR. HSMP is not old enough for ILR so we have to wait to see what HO is going to do
for all those 50% HSMPs who will be < 4 years, may be they will give another extension of few months or a year.

aj77

Post by aj77 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:11 pm

Hi gps,
According to my knowledge,it is the condition for HSMP applicants to stay here in UK for atleat 3 and a half years out of 4 years granted to stay.
I mean in a four years Visa you must stay here for atleast 3 1/2years to qualify for ILR.If someone comes after 8 months of EC and get extension for 3 years and live here for full three years. His actual stay in UK will be 3 years and 4 months out of 4 year visa while HSMP applicant required to complete atleast 3 1/2 years stay out of 4 year Visa to qualify for ILR.It is written in guidance notes of HSMP visa.

FARAZ
Newly Registered

Post by FARAZ » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:25 pm

I have even worse situation. I just have three months to go before my viza expire. I had a family problem so I had to come back from UK in Mid August after spending five weeks there. Now I am worried shoul I go back or not. Please advise.
And what is the procedure for applying again for HSMP (if it is allowed).

gps

Post by gps » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:34 pm

If I come to UK and work 3 months there before applying for FLR. There are chances that I won't get extension. What will be the options for me.
1) What is the WP scene there ? Do software companies file work permit if some one has UK experience ?
2) How much time it takes to file and approve work permit ?
3) Do I have to return to India immediately after FLR refusal or can I wait for WP there ?

Any replies from any one who has/had WP will be highly appreciated.
Regards,

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:30 pm

Hi Ajay,
Could you please let me know where could I find the guidance notes for hsmp where details of applying for ILR are given

Best Regards

Bhardwaj

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:46 pm

1) What is the WP scene there ? Do software companies file work permit if some one has UK experience ? R- They tend to prefer people without visa problems. If you are very very good, they might apply for a WP for you.
2) How much time it takes to file and approve work permit ? One week
3) Do I have to return to India immediately after FLR refusal or can I wait for WP there ? you will have 28 days to leave the country.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

aj77

Post by aj77 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:04 pm

Hi rckybhardwaj, This link will give you some details for permanent settlement after four years.

HSMP Guidance for further information.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... _mar04.pdf

in Question And Answer Section.
26.5Q:How long can I stay if I enter as Highly Skilled Migrant in UK?

IN Answer it says that you should be economically active for continuous four years except some short trips abroad not totally more than six months in total.See detail in the link above in26.5Q.So one should keep this in mind that for HSMP applicant it is necessary to stay in UK for atleast 3.5 years out of four years stay in UK