ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - NARIC

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kuma1804
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - NARIC

Post by Kuma1804 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi all,

My Wife is in Tier 2 ICT Short term dependent visa and the company is ready to sponsor 'Tier 2 General'. I have few doubts on the same.

- Should her visa be initiated while she is in U.K. or even it can be done we reach india (As my Visa expiry date is closer by)
- I read about IELTS adding 10 points to the score, IF i get the NARIC Certificate, will this too add 10 points? or should she attempt IELTS?
- IF NARIC is yes, what exactly i should do, should i apply for comparability test?
- Apart from IELTS / NAric what all the othe contributors for Points (Salary band, RLMT, Is there any thing else?)

Request some one soonest revert as the time is very less :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General - NARIC

Post by CR001 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:22 pm

Has the sponsor performed the full and proper RLMT process to prove that your wife has not been 'pre selected' for the position, i.e. that no EU/British citizens or settled workers are available or qualify for the job?

She has to apply from home country. If RLMT has been completed, the CoS can be issued while she is here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kuma1804
Newly Registered

Post by Kuma1804 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi Char,

Thanks much for your revert. Yes the sponsor has posted the advt. so we have to wait for CoS from sponsor and go back to collect Visa?. So as you said she has to wait for 28 days collecte CoS and start to Home country?

What if my Visa ends before the RLMT process ? Can my wife collect CoS from India?

Also can you please throw some light on my below question on NARIC?
- I read about IELTS adding 10 points to the score, IF i get the NARIC Certificate, will this too add 10 points? or should she attempt IELTS?
- IF NARIC is yes, what exactly i should do, should i apply for comparability test?

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:16 pm

You have to apply for NARIC VisasAndNationality service. It has a turnaround time of 10 days

Kuma1804
Newly Registered

Post by Kuma1804 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Thanks for the revert, But it will have the same impact of 10 points like clearing IELTS?. If not I will look the IELTS option to get teh additional points.

Could some one help me clarify NARIC ceritificate will give the 10 Points as IELTS??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:28 pm

What if my Visa ends before the RLMT process ? Can my wife collect CoS from India?
Yes, a CoS can be issued if your wife is in her home country. You should obviously leave the UK before your/her visas expire.
Yes the sponsor has posted the advt. so we have to wait for CoS from sponsor and go back to collect Visa?.
Has the sponsor posted the advert in the two places as required by HO? She APPLIES for a visa from home country, not collect it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kuma1804
Newly Registered

Post by Kuma1804 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi Char,

Yes they have informed they have posted it in two places. Thanks for the clarity on Visa, so

Step 1 - Clear RLMT
Step 2 - Get CoS (Even if my wife is in home country no problem)
Step 3 - Apply for Visa from home country and back with in the mentioned time in CoS

Now I am not clear about the points, do you ahve any clarity on the same?

Kuma1804
Newly Registered

Post by Kuma1804 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:58 am

Hi all,

Can some one please explain for my above query on Points?

Will Naric test also offers 10 points like IELTS?