ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous passports and JCAP application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crimson76

Previous passports and JCAP application

Post by crimson76 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Hello Members/ Moderators
Do we need to provide all expired passports at the time of JCAP application or we only need to provide those expired passports that were used for travel and stay in the UK? Please help.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Re: Previous passports and JCAP application

Post by tamilmaran » Tue May 10, 2016 8:13 pm

How are you applying.... by postal or through NCS..?

I had three passports. My entry visa to UK was in second passport , so the officer in the NCS office took photocopies of my second passport and thrid passport and gave back all the originals except the LIUK pass sheet.
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:54 am

tamilmaran wrote:How are you applying.... by postal or through NCS..?

I had three passports. My entry visa to UK was in second passport , so the officer in the NCS office took photocopies of my second passport and thrid passport and gave back all the originals except the LIUK pass sheet.
Now, question crops up whether all councils follow the same procedure and only copy passports used for travel and stay in the Uk? I have 6 passports and only recent 2 passports were used for travel and stay in the Uk.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 11, 2016 9:05 am

It's not really something that would differ from council to council. What you need to understand is what's required by the HO for naturalisation and HMPO for your passport application.

1) For naturalisation the passports required would be those that cover you residence period normally this would be going back either 3 or 5 years from the date of your application.
2) For your British passport application you are required to submit all uncancelled passports.

So what an individual submits would vary - based on the above you would need to establish how many passports you need to submit.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:35 pm

cs95tdg wrote:It's not really something that would differ from council to council. What you need to understand is what's required by the HO for naturalisation and HMPO for your passport application.

1) For naturalisation the passports required would be those that cover you residence period normally this would be going back either 3 or 5 years from the date of your application.
2) For your British passport application you are required to submit all uncancelled passports.

So what an individual submits would vary - based on the above you would need to establish how many passports you need to submit.
Thanks for reply. As it will be a joint application for citizenship and passport, I will have to provide all expired passports at the time of council appointment and not just the passports used for travel and stay in the UK. Probably they will send the copies of passports used for stay and travel to the UK with citizenship application but will send the copies of all expired passports with passport application. Is this how it works?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 11, 2016 1:39 pm

crimson76 wrote:Thanks for reply. As it will be a joint application for citizenship and passport, I will have to provide all expired passports at the time of council appointment and not just the passports used for travel and stay in the UK. Probably they will send the copies of passports used for stay and travel to the UK with citizenship application but will send the copies of all expired passports with passport application. Is this how it works?
Yes, the NCS will seperately send copies of the required documents for the two applications (AN and passport) as they will ultimately be processed by two different teams in the HO. I applied through the JCAP scheme earlier, and this is what they did.

A note in response to your comment on expired passports for the British passport application; these would normally only be required if they haven't been cancelled (as is normally the case) when any subsequent new passport was issued.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:20 pm

cs95tdg wrote:A note in response to your comment on expired passports for the British passport application; these would normally only be required if they haven't been cancelled (as is normally the case) when any subsequent new passport was issued.
Thanks again for your help. Are expired passports considered cancelled after new passports are issued by the embassy or high commission of the same country? I don't think any of my passports were cancelled when new passports were issued.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 11, 2016 5:47 pm

crimson76 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:A note in response to your comment on expired passports for the British passport application; these would normally only be required if they haven't been cancelled (as is normally the case) when any subsequent new passport was issued.
Thanks again for your help. Are expired passports considered cancelled after new passports are issued by the embassy or high commission of the same country? I don't think any of my passports were cancelled when new passports were issued.
Usually they are cancelled if issued when the former passport has expired or is expiring at the time of the new passport being issued. If they have either been stamped as cancelled by seal or a corner clipped off that would indicate that they have been cancelled. Otherwise they would in all probability be considered just expired - not cancelled.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Thanks cs95tdg. I appreciate your help.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 11, 2016 6:23 pm

You're welcome.