ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC - Uncomfortable situation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gsurendra

EC - Uncomfortable situation

Post by gsurendra » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:25 pm

I am in a peculiar situation...

I am in Singpore in Employment Permit with my wife and 2 children. I have my HSMP and am going to apply for EC.
On inquiring the BHC call center I am being strongly adviced to apply alone, and to apply for family after I settle down in UK.

But once I go to UK, my family will have to go to India as my Employment Pass in Singapore will become invalid. By any chance, if my family does not get visa, then I will have no choice but to go back to India and look for a job.

So, I will like to apply for family while I am still here. I plan to apply alone first, and after i get the visa, would try my best to get a job from here. I hope to get a job due to demand supply gap in my skillset.
After i get a job, I will apply for family, their application should hold more weightage as I have a job in hand.

First of all, is this a right approach? Or anyone can suggest anything else?

However, I have a a concern if I follow my approach.

I will have to cancel my accommodation (which I would have booked for myself) as I will wait till I get a job.
Will the visa officer consider this as improper?

Please help

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:11 pm

You should be okay to apply with your family. The issue comes in making sure that you have enough funds to support everyone while you look for a job in the UK.

I don't believe that they will take into account your desire to stay in Singapore until you find a job. This is something that will be out of their control once they issue you permission (via your EC) to come to the UK.

It can also be very difficult to find a job from outside of the UK, as many companies will want to meet you or interview you in person rather quickly. If you intend to stay outside the UK during the search process, I suggest getting a UK phone number, you used to be able to do that online at Skype and have it forwarded to a number abroad. Alternatively, you can get a UK cellphone that works abroad.

If you have adequate funds to support your family while you're looking for a job in the UK, then you shouldn't have a problem applying for EC with your family as well. I came to the UK with my partner without a job, and the EC was not a problem. Although, I've heard it's easier from the US.

Good luck!

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:45 am

friend u must apply with fly otherwise later on it will be very difficult for u to get their stamping

show required money now and get all passport stamped

then u come alone and call them later

this is based on atleast 5 cases i know

regards

gsurendra

Post by gsurendra » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:31 am

Suppose I apply without family and later on say after 3-4 months I get a job (from Singapore), do you think my family's visa stamping may be a problem as the ECO will know that I have not yet travelled to UK?

Will the ECO give more weightage to my families' application as I already have a job?

Also, what concerns do you see if family applies later?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:47 am

Hi,

It would be better if you apply with your family...They and you can travel when ever you want...I dont see any reason why you shdnt do that..
If you apply for them later, you will have to provide a huge amt. of documentation and some more headache ..Why dont u clear everything in one shot, and as i mentioned EC would NOT have any effect on travellng..You and your family can travel any time you like

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:11 am

gsurendra wrote:Suppose I apply without family and later on say after 3-4 months I get a job (from Singapore), do you think my family's visa stamping may be a problem as the ECO will know that I have not yet travelled to UK?

Will the ECO give more weightage to my families' application as I already have a job?

Also, what concerns do you see if family applies later?
That should not be problem, if you supply covering letter explaining it.
If you want to apply later. Make sure, you apply only after you got an offer, and completed a month(to make sure you have joined there, and you have salary slip for atleast a month). ECO,might question that, you are not going to accept the offer or something like that.

And again, in that case make sure to arrange accomodation for your family.

gsurendra

Post by gsurendra » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:14 am

After all this discussion, it seems to be better to apply all together.

One more question... after getting EC, do we need to continue keeping a healthy balance in our account? Is there a possibility that the immigration may ask to show whether we have enough balance? Has anybody faced this situation?

Same question on accommodation.