ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents of british child

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adey2000
Newly Registered

Parents of british child

Post by adey2000 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:33 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum, pls I need advice on what to do in my situation. I have 3 children 10,9 and 5 years old respectively. My oldest is now British and we the parents doesn't have any leave to remain. how can me and my husband regularised our stay and what forms to fill? Is it possible for us to do it as a family or as individual. Your reply will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Member of Standing

Re: Parents of british child

Post by member » Wed May 11, 2016 2:03 pm

adey2000 wrote:Hi,
I am new to this forum, pls I need advice on what to do in my situation. I have 3 children 10,9 and 5 years old respectively. My oldest is now British and we the parents doesn't have any leave to remain. how can me and my husband regularised our stay and what forms to fill? Is it possible for us to do it as a family or as individual. Your reply will be much appreciated. Thanks.
What is your immigration history in the UK?

adey2000
Newly Registered

Post by adey2000 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:15 pm

I enter as visitor 2005 my husband 2002. All children born here.
Applied for leave to remain as family unit under 7 years rule but refused. Went to tribunal 2014 but dismissed. My daughter got her citizenship this year as 10 years old. Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed May 11, 2016 2:27 pm

You will have to make a Zambrano application as both you and your husband will not qualify under the rules, and the fee is very expensive aswell.

You both fall fully within the scope of Zambrano .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

adey2000
Newly Registered

Post by adey2000 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:34 pm

@obie
Pls what do you mean by Zambrano and which form can we fill. How many years to wait for permanent residence.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 11, 2016 4:13 pm

adey2000 wrote:what do you mean by Zambrano
An overview of the Zambrano judgment.
adey2000 wrote:which form can we fill
I believe that the form that you will need to apply under is DRF1.
adey2000 wrote:How many years to wait for permanent residence.
Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, derivative rights of residence do not lead to permanent residence. You will only have the right to live in the UK until your youngest British citizen child becomes 18 years old.

Alternatively, you could apply on FLR(FP) under the UK Immigration Rules, which may lead to ILR after 10 years.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

adey2000
Newly Registered

Post by adey2000 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Thank u so much for your help.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Wed May 11, 2016 9:41 pm

secret.simon wrote:Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, derivative rights of residence do not lead to permanent residence. You will only have the right to live in the UK until your youngest British citizen child becomes 18 years old.
Don't they count for ILR on the basis of 10 years lawful residence?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 11, 2016 9:50 pm

"What you can't do
derivative rights of residence do not lead to permanent residence"

https://www.gov.uk/derivative-right-residence/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Wed May 11, 2016 10:19 pm

Casa wrote:"What you can't do

Correct, derivative right of residence does not count towards permanent residence under the EEA regulations (though I've seen a vague claim that this is not a correct interpretation of EU law), but that does not mean, for a young enough source of the right, that it does not lead to settlement under the Immigration Rules. The youngest child is 5, so if that child is on track for registration under the 10-year rule, they still have another 12 years under Zambrano. As far as I can see, 10 years lawful residence then gets one ILR provided the usual other requirements are met.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed May 11, 2016 10:36 pm

Richard W wrote:
Casa wrote:"What you can't do

Correct, derivative right of residence does not count towards permanent residence under the EEA regulations (though I've seen a vague claim that this is not a correct interpretation of EU law), but that does not mean, for a young enough source of the right, that it does not lead to settlement under the Immigration Rules. The youngest child is 5, so if that child is on track for registration under the 10-year rule, they still have another 12 years under Zambrano. As far as I can see, 10 years lawful residence then gets one ILR provided the usual other requirements are met.

It is pointless and confusing to OP to overthink this with hypotheticals and yet an inadequate grounding in Zambrano 101.

It is not the child who is enjoying a derivative right under Zambrano, it's the adult carer.

Use of any accrued time on an EU trajectory and then applying it to ILR LR (or hoping to do so) is at the discretion of HO.

It can be expected that HO would not exercise such discretion if there is an element of derivative rights time in someone's migration history.

After all HO frequently play hardball with pure Zambrano and any associated qualified human rights claim.
So it is likely noone's ILR clock is running whilst invoking Zambrano (&, by definition, no PR clock is running) and meanwhile the child will have grown up to maturity.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu May 12, 2016 12:23 am

adey2000 wrote:@obie
Pls what do you mean by Zambrano and which form can we fill. How many years to wait for permanent residence.
You will not be able to obtain PR under the regulation.

I believe you can argue a good case for ILR after 10 years.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

adey2000
Newly Registered

Post by adey2000 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:07 am

Thanks for d advise. What is d difference between PR and ILR? Is there any possibility to apply under flr (fp) Since we have British child? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Parent of soon to be British child and FLR FP

Post by CR001 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:31 am

adey2000 wrote:Thanks for d advise. What is d difference between PR and ILR? Is there any possibility to apply under flr (fp) Since we have British child? Thanks
PR is obtained under the EU route/Directive, i.e. EEA Family Member or EU Citizen exercising treaty rights.

ILR is obtained under the UK Immigration rules, i.e. FLR(FP), FLR(M), Tier 2 General etc. UK immigration rules are substantially more expensive and there is the immigration health surcharge which has to be paid too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.