ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise needed for Foreign Earnings

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thiruuk

Advise needed for Foreign Earnings

Post by thiruuk » Thu May 12, 2016 10:49 am

Hi all !
thanks in advance.
for my initial tier1 i applied in uk by using indian earnings by coming to uk.(in country application). During My 10 months indian Stay i did 2 jobs initial one was contract (deducted tax at source) in one state then i got permanent job in another state. i combined this to apply for my initial Tier1 by coming to uk after 10 months stay in india(forced return as Tier1 General category getting closed).

as i came to uk on my wrong perception as tax deducted at source i'm not aware filing Self assessment either in india or uk.

NOW when i tried to declare -- need to pay more tax on it in india(relatively higher than uk tax.).
at the same time i declared this earning voluntarily to HMRC . advised process date is 16th june 2016
now im little no lot confused how to go forward?
1. declare in india and pay the tax?
2. or wait for june 16 to pay the tax as foreign income to HMRC
3. or gamble to apply for my ILR end of this month as my visa expires on june 19th .

please advise me to go forward
tHiRu