ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB Stamp 3 but a Green Card Holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MyVi
Newly Registered

GNIB Stamp 3 but a Green Card Holder

Post by MyVi » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:39 am

Hi all,

I lost my GNIB card on 15 March 07 which is stamp 3 on it. During the period my employer apply a green card for me as my working permit is expired on 31 March 07. As soon i get the Green Card on post, i went to Immigration at Burgh Quay to get replacement for the GNIB card. However i still got stamp 3 on the GNIB card.

What should i do? Should i change it to stamp 1 immediately? i just notice about the stamp few days ago after had a chat with few friends. Silly me..i know..So can i wait until 31 March 08 to re-new my GNIB card? It cost 100 euro to re-new. Quite expansive for me tho..

Thanks in advance for any replies.

greentea

Post by greentea » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:55 am

Did they give you a stamp3 despite that you went to GNIB with a green card?
So, it was their mistake. They should not charge you again, if you ask for correction. It happened to me once a few years ago, I went back on the same day. They corrected it on my passport. But, then it was free of charge.

If you want to get long term residency or citizenship one day, you should a stamp1 rather than stamp3, as stamp3 is not counted as reckonable period, to my knowledge. So, you'd better go and update your stamp once you have your greencard.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:11 am

greentea wrote:Did they give you a stamp3 despite that you went to GNIB with a green card?
So, it was their mistake. They should not charge you again, if you ask for correction. It happened to me once a few years ago, I went back on the same day. They corrected it on my passport. But, then it was free of charge.

If you want to get long term residency or citizenship one day, you should a stamp1 rather than stamp3, as stamp3 is not counted as reckonable period, to my knowledge. So, you'd better go and update your stamp once you have your greencard.
the gnib is charging for the card and not for changing the stamp on the passport. if they gave Vi a wrong number on the gnib card. the gnib should not charge him/her for getting a corrected number in him/her green card.