ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application Late Query for Supporting Docs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raheel038
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalization Application Late Query for Supporting Docs

Post by raheel038 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi,

Can someone please help me out on this.

I applied for naturalization through NCS Lewisham on 21-01-2016 on Tier 1 5 years + 1 year ILR Route.
On 11-05-2016 I received a letter from Home office (Dated 15th April 2016) asking for my passports and Degree certificate for verification. They requested me documents until 29-05-2016 if not then my application will be refused. I have sent the required documents immediately via special delivery but still worried that they may refuse my application. As it was clearly not my fault as I received the letter very late and I reacted to it accordingly. Can someome please tell me what should I do in case if they send me refusal. My case was quite straight forward and I was hoping that it will be settled very soon but now it seems like it will take another 3-4 months.

Also at the back of the letter they provided me information that if my application is successful it will appear on my certificate. The Place of brith was wrongly written I have sent a supporting letter that has identified this error.

I am looking forward for your replies.

Regards,
Raheel

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization Application Late Query for Supporting Doc

Post by CR001 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:41 pm

They requested me documents until 29-05-2016 if not then my application will be refused
Do you mean May or April??

Although according to your post in February 2016, you are already a British citizen :shock: :?:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/claimi ... l#p1307036
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu May 12, 2016 12:43 pm

raheel038 wrote:Hi,

Can someone please help me out on this.

I applied for naturalization through NCS Lewisham on 21-01-2016 on Tier 1 5 years + 1 year ILR Route.
On 11-05-2016 I received a letter from Home office (Dated 15th April 2016) asking for my passports and Degree certificate for verification. They requested me documents until 29-05-2016 if not then my application will be refused. I have sent the required documents immediately via special delivery but still worried that they may refuse my application. As it was clearly not my fault as I received the letter very late and I reacted to it accordingly. Can someome please tell me what should I do in case if they send me refusal.

I am looking forward for your replies.

Regards,
Raheel
Relax. Based on the dates you have stated you have responded in time and supplied what was requested (well before 29 May).
That should be fine.
All you can do is sit tight and wait.

If any naturalisation application fails (not yours in particular) there is no appeal right.

There is just a reconsideration process available to applicants;
this process is a way to correct any procedural/administrative errors that HO may have made.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu May 12, 2016 12:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
They requested me documents until 29-05-2016 if not then my application will be refused

Although according to your post in February 2016, you are already a British citizen :shock: :?:

Good catch CR001, so my reassurance may have been misplaced.

raheel038
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by raheel038 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:51 pm

noajthan wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Good catch CR001, so my reassurance may have been misplaced.
Sorry it was 29th April 216 and I received letter in May 16. Pleaes advise me further.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu May 12, 2016 1:08 pm

raheel038 wrote:Sorry it was 29th April 216 and I received letter in May 16. Pleaes advise me further.
As CR001 has observed , it is unclear why you state you are a BC in your other posts then.
Is anyone else using your user id?
Or are you posting hypothetical cases?

Was the request for documents addressed correctly or incorrectly?
Do you have trouble receiving other mail on time or with mail going astray?
Were you away and not picking up your mail when letter came?

If you submitted vital documents late then you may face a refusal. (You cannot expect HO to be interested in how long mail takes to reach you or how reliable the delivery is at your address).

raheel038
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by raheel038 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:19 pm

noajthan wrote:
raheel038 wrote:Sorry it was 29th April 216 and I received letter in May 16. Pleaes advise me further.
As CR001 has observed , it is unclear why you state you are a BC in your other posts then.
Is anyone else using your user id?
Or are you posting hypothetical cases?

If you submitted vital documents late then you may face a refusal. (You cannot expect HO to be interested in how long mail takes to reach you or how reliable the delivery is at your address).
CR001 has observed correctly but post he's referring to was based upon my case as (Settled Person) and we are not discussing that anyway.

I have now applied for BC and the problem arises is purely procedural. Now let me answer you on each item so that you can provide me best advise.

Correctly. There was nothing wrong with the letter.

I have no trouble what so ever in receiving any mail or post or deliveries. I can see that the letter was sent on 2nd Classs mail service. I have requested Royal mail to provide me further information on when this letter was posted. and the cause of the delay.

I wasnt away at all so I have never missed any mail etc.

What I can see is that either Home office administratively forgets to send this letter and when realises they did or Royal mail missed to deliver it on time. But surely not my fault and for that reason I need an advise that if in case they refuse my application what should I do ?????/
I will highly appreciate your responses on this matter.

Many Thanks.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu May 12, 2016 1:29 pm

raheel038 wrote:...

What I can see is that either Home office administratively forgets to send this letter and when realises they did or Royal mail missed to deliver it on time. But surely not my fault and for that reason I need an advise that if in case they refuse my application what should I do ?????/
I will highly appreciate your responses on this matter.

Many Thanks.

Your other post does state you are a BC so that is confusing.
raheel038 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:56 pm
Hi, I am a British Citizen and working full Time.
You will probably get clearer answers here if questions are clear and accurate, and based on circumstances at the time.

As already outlined above, there is no appeal process for naturalisation.

There is a reconsideration process - to correct procedural-type errors on part of HO and caseworker.
It is not at all clear that a late letter falls into that category.

You may have a lenient caseworker but if they follow their own rules (and the instructions they stated in their recent letter) then you face refusal (for a late submission of documents) and should plan accordingly.