ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics letter: Surname Middlename ordered incorrectly

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ForYourInfo
Newly Registered

Biometrics letter: Surname Middlename ordered incorrectly

Post by ForYourInfo » Fri May 13, 2016 1:53 pm

I completed my biometrics enrolment at the post office this morning, as requested in the letter. It has come to my attention that there is a possibility that my name has been wrongly ordered.

My passport is formatted as Surname FirstName MiddleName, since it is customary for my culture to have surname listed first. My ILR has the same name order, i.e. Surname FirstName MiddleName, but the application was made based on separate fields of surname and first/middle names. I made my nationality application based on distinct surname and first/middle names as well. This has been checked by the local NCS.

My name in the biometrics letter matched my passport/ILR, but the salutation in the letter refers to "Dr S[urname]. F[irstname]. M[iddlename] " and "Dear Doctor M[iddlename]". This would imply that my name has been ordered as Surname FirstName MiddleName with MiddleName now being as my "surname" in the application.

Can I clarify this issue, so as not to delay the application process and/or cause an error in the citizenship certificate (if it is granted)? I have tried calling 0300 123 2253, with no help and also sent email to nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Thanks in advance for your assistance.