ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 form updated 18/12/2007

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

siddiqr

Post by siddiqr » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:25 pm

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... s/eea/eea2

Hi guys

Above is newer version of EEA 2 form. They ask you for national insurance number now which they didn't in past.
Is this specifically to check your tax/NI contributions. If so, how far back they go to check all that? I once worked above 20hrs/week on my student visa some time ago. But my EEA2 application is the old one where they didn't ask for nat insurance number. Any suggestions please.

Thanks

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:31 pm

I think its still the same
Its the latest one so far NOV version

I applied and filled the same form.

when did you applied ?

I am Pakistani national married to Polish National
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Suzanka
Newly Registered

Post by Suzanka » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Just want to add. I phoned to HO and adviser said that it would look good if I as non-EU would send my wage slips as well as my EU spouse`s. Also he confirmed that non-EU members can apply for Residence Card at ANY TIME while on family permit visa but before it expires. (before I was told by immigration solicitor that I could only apply for one ONE MONTH before FP expires- so I wasted so much time :-( ) May be it will be helpful to someone. :)

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Suzanka wrote:Just want to add. I phoned to HO and adviser said that it would look good if I as non-EU would send my wage slips as well as my EU spouse`s. Also he confirmed that non-EU members can apply for Residence Card at ANY TIME while on family permit visa but before it expires. (before I was told by immigration solicitor that I could only apply for one ONE MONTH before FP expires- so I wasted so much time :-( ) May be it will be helpful to someone. :)
Yes you are correct but some people advise to apply near the expiry date as
people tend to have more evidence i.e pay slips , ni number , bank statements & all sorts of things

but yes you can apply anytime and later send in further information if there is any change in your circumstances.

Also when you apply you have to sit without the documentation for a while so its always better to keep documents in hand and apply all things before sending it to the HO
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:34 pm

Suzanka wrote:Just want to add. I phoned to HO and adviser said that it would look good if I as non-EU would send my wage slips as well as my EU spouse`s. Also he confirmed that non-EU members can apply for Residence Card at ANY TIME while on family permit visa but before it expires. (before I was told by immigration solicitor that I could only apply for one ONE MONTH before FP expires- so I wasted so much time :-( ) May be it will be helpful to someone. :)
You can apply for a Residence Card ANY time after the EEA FP! Even if the permit has ALREADY expired!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:50 pm

21.4.15 After entry wrote:You should also explain that after entry to the UK the holder could apply to the Home Office for a residence card.

The possession of a valid residence card (presently a Home Office endorsement in the holder’s passport) will enable the holder to re-enter the UK without the need for an EEA family permit. This is providing he/she continues to qualify as a family member of an EEA national (as defined in Regulations 7, 8, 9 and 10), and is subject to the normal derogations of public policy, public security and public health.

Please note, registration certificates and residence cards are not currently required in the UK in order to be considered legally resident. (EEA nationals and their family members may choose to apply for this documentation as confirmation of their right of residence).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:29 pm

Rozen wrote: You can apply for a Residence Card ANY time after the EEA FP! Even if the permit has ALREADY expired!

Thats correct but it says "if your EEA FP is expired when applying for residence card this thing will be taken into consideration when deciding your application by immigration officer and can have impact on the outcome of your application.

we advise all applicants to submit applications before the expiry of the EEA FP"

This was the wording from HO for us when i inquired about applying residence card when EEA FP expired.

You are right you can apply but there could be consequences.

Thanks vinay 4 Very clear Answer

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:37 am

Ofcourse, if the EEAFP has expired it will warrant a quick look into the circumstances that made it so. But, if there is nothing suspicious there is no reason for the rejection of the Residence Card application and the worst-case scenario will only be a delay in getting it issued.... not that applying in time quarantees a quick resolve!
Jabi

siddiqr

Post by siddiqr » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:48 pm

I applied on 4th Oct. Previous for was May 07 version and didn't ask for NI number.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:56 pm

runie80 wrote:Thats correct but it says "if your EEA FP is expired when applying for residence card this thing will be taken into consideration when deciding your application by immigration officer and can have impact on the outcome of your application.

we advise all applicants to submit applications before the expiry of the EEA FP"
Where did this quote from?

The EEA2 form itself says only
You may apply at any time during your lawful stay in the
UK. If you apply when you are here unlawfully, that will be
taken into consideration in deciding your application.
and you are definitely not unlawful if your EEA FP has expired.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:30 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: Where did this quote from?
They told me on phone when i asked them as my EEA FP was expiring.

I arrived in UK only a month before the expiration of my EEA FP.

when i called them to ask them when can i apply then this information was given to me which i posted here.

* it could be wrong but it was told to me both times i called and spoke to 2 different people

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:38 pm

The EEA2 form itself says only

I concur with Directive/2004/38/EC

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:42 pm

Rozen wrote:The EEA2 form itself says only

I concur with Directive/2004/38/EC

I agree with the above too but i just made a point of what was told to me.

I believe "Directive/2004/38/EC" stands correct