ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born abroad to a British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

secret.simon

Re: Child born abroad to a British Citizen

Post by secret.simon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:02 am

mani78 wrote:can i register my 2 children in U.K but they are living in Pakistan.
No.
mani78 wrote:Can i submit registration form from UK while they are living in Pakistan or do i have to apply from Pakistan?
No to both questions, because...
mani78 wrote:My children never come to UK neither my wife.
Your wife holds the keys to your children's registration, not you.

Your children get registration after their & her ILR.
mani78 wrote:Thank you very much guys who have been advising me and replying my posts. And i offer you free service of your computer and laptops.i am Computer Technician if any of you need any help on computer repair including apple product and laptops just drop me an email
Thank you for your courtesy. That is a very nice and a very practical way to say thank you. :)
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:46 am

mani78 wrote:Let me make it simple ......... can i register my 2 children in U.K but they are living in Pakistan.Can i submit registration form from UK while they are living in Pakistan or do i have to apply from Pakistan? My children never come to UK neither my wife. My 3rd son is already British because he born after my citizenship. I spend 2 years with my children it is very difficult to live without them everyday i talk to them on Skype by video calling. Please help as long as i know this is for sure that i can register my child in UK and after registration i can apply British passport for them.

The HO guidance is quite clear, registration in this type of case is at Home Secretary's discretion, it is not a right and it is not guaranteed.

The child's connection to UK is an important factor
It depends on passing the following checks, ref:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 150402.pdf
The most important criterion is that the child's future should clearly be seen to lie in the UK.
A reliable indicator should be the applicant's and/or the family's past behaviour.
It that suggests an established way of life in the UK, and we have no reason to think that this will not continue, we should accept at face value that the child intends to live here.

If there is any information to make us doubt that the child's future lies here, for example:
  • the child, or one or both parents, has recently left the country for a period of more than six months;
    the child is about to leave the United Kingdom;
    one or both parents is resident abroad;
- we should write to clear up the point.

If our doubts are serious, and we are still not satisfied this criterion is met, the application should be refused.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mani78
Newly Registered

Query on child born outside UK + citizenship applying date

Post by mani78 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:39 am

Hi all can someone advice me, I came to uk in 2000 and i get my indefinite stay in 2001. I am planning to bring my children and my wife in UK. My all children born after my indefinite stay. Can i apply British passport for my children. I am already UK citizen and holding British passport. I get my passport in 2012. or do i have to bring my children here and register them with home office to apply British passport? One child born after my naturalisation and two born before my naturalisation. I have been travelling to Pakistan regularly once a year some time after every six months. Can some one guide me please?

Thanks
Kind Regards
Nasir Raja

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 14, 2016 1:12 am

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query on child born outside UK + citizenship applying da

Post by CR001 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:59 am

mani78 wrote:Hi all can someone advice me, I came to uk in 2000 and i get my indefinite stay in 2001. I am planning to bring my children and my wife in UK. My all children born after my indefinite stay. Can i apply British passport for my children. No, because they are not British.

I am already UK citizen and holding British passport. I get my passport in 2012. or do i have to bring my children here and register them with home office to apply British passport? Children born abroad before you became Britrish will need a settlement visa and follow the same route as your spouse and will need ILR before they qualify for citizenship.

One child born after my naturalisation and two born before my naturalisation. Child born AFTER your citizenship ceremony/date of naturalisation certificate is automatically British. What year was this child born? Children born before you were British will follow the same route as their mother.

I have been travelling to Pakistan regularly once a year some time after every six months. Can some one guide me please?

Thanks
Kind Regards
Nasir Raja
What in all the responses you have received in this thread since last year is not clear enough for you?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat May 14, 2016 11:12 am

Whatever happened to some friend, who may or may not have been in EXACTLY the same boat at some unknown time in the past, does not help you.

The current law and regulations that now apply to you have been explained several times in past months.

Your foreign-born children are not British.
Just because you have ILR does not help.
They have a chance to register at Home Secretary's kind discretion - in the future, if they come to UK and get ILR.

It will take time - and it all depends on wife sorting out her status first.
That means committing to live in UK and getting ILR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 14, 2016 2:28 pm

mani78 wrote:Hi i am British citizen since 2012(British passport holder) and my children born in Pakistan i have 2 sons and one daughter, my daughter is 13 years old and my one son is 6 years old and second son is 18 months old.I would like to bring them in UK. One son born after my citizenship and two children born before my citizenship. I was granted indefinite stay in UK in 2001. Can someone advice me can i apply British passport for them in Pakistan. Or do i need to apply from UK? at the moment i am settled in UK. Your advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Nasir Raja
Children born before you got British citizenship (ILR is irrelevant for this) will have the same status in the UK as their mother.

If their mother has no status in the UK, they will have no status in the UK. Your status is irrelevant.

If your wife is not willing to live in the UK for the next five years at least, the children will never be British.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.